Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Louisville, KY

Great business to be apart of. Only downside is they rather promote from outside then internally. But Marriott is still a great place to work and meet new people. With the right people also more opportunities if you amongst the few.
I use to work there as a hostess. I hated it it was always favoritism shown more towards the servers because the managers and them were friends. I got racially profiled by one of my servers, got in trouble because my tarc was late, got yelled at for using the upstairs bathroom even though the servers got to use em, it's so much I could write but it wont let me just know its terrible management
Pros
Making friend with customers
Cons
I truly appreciate Marriott a very fabulous company that takes great care of there staff, customers internally externally. Great benefits, great travel discounts and stays all over the world. Great meeting spaces, great market items for the guest. Fresh rooms and excellent bistros, complimentary breakfast and dining for guests while traveling.
Good place to work, work friendly work environment raises are hard to get not the best when and if looking to advance a career nice guests everybody gets along that's the biggest plus
A very eventful place and fun place to work at. Balanced Culture and provided opportunities for growth. Good Management. Good and fun Place to work at.
The hotel working environment was petty, immature, vindictive. The GM could do nothing in aiding a better working environment since he was so inconsistently in the hotel. It's called a 'cushy-job'. Lying to guests is daily...something I could never do. Customer service to guest's face... ONLY! So disrespectful!!! Unhealthy environment. So sad.
Worked for 9 years with Marriott, enjoyed every day. Always something exciting happening; if not the employees it was definitely the customers. Very fun place to work. Sorry they left.
I had awesome leadership and captains thru-out my entire experience at Marriott. i worked for gratuity so it was nice getting to see the rates and pay for every week.
Pros
Fed after big events, Relaxed Management (as long as job was finished), Free turkey on Thanksgiving, Benefits.
Working in a position dealing with customer service is bound to be stressful at times. The environment at the Marriott was rather friendly. It would get rather busy around holidays, but nothing too much to handle.
During our Construction Project Renovations Phase's, Marriott Staffing worked well on assisting and organizing during Live Hotel Operations, General Manager and Director of Engineering were contacts on Project.
Fast pace working environment but fairly easy. Hours are great and managers were the best I have had since working, ever. it was Great place to be employed.
Its honestly alright. Some days are better than others. if my manager wasn't so bad and actually did her job i wouldn't have many complaints. Other then that if you enjoy helping needy people and people who are extremely privileged and will let you know then this is the job for you. Perfect job to get by.
Louisville Marriott East is a great environment to work in, but advancement was not really available, but the overall management was great to work with.
I enojoyed working for the Hotel. The place is great for work but in this area of the city is hard to hire people to work in Housekeeping. Even with that, the manager is making a great job
Pros
We have work always
Cons
A little hard to hire people due the area
It is the best company by far that I have worked for, they offer so much. I was able to serve and learn so many different departments and roles while working for Marriott.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
I have none
Marriott provides the utmost platform of training for Customer Service throughout your Travel Industry Career. Each brand of Marriott is unique in it's own way.
Pros
properties are wonderful
Cons
I work for a franchise of Marriott. White Lodging Services. Both are the best I have ever worked for. Always someone to reach out to for help, great benefits and a fun work environment.
Nice work environment. Willing to work around your schedule. Good discounts but getting up early in the morning can be a bear. Few opportunities for advancement.
Took this job to get to the next promotion. I worked this and two other jobs simultaneously to get promoted, while others were considered "college recruits" and skated by. I went to college too...
The hotel is located in the heart of downtown Louisville and is a lovely building. Departments seemed to work against each other instead of working as a team that could make everyone's job a little easier.
Cons
I enjoy people and get to serve them breakfast. I do wish management would be there when I get there but overall good experience working there. Wish I made more.