Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Macon, GA

Macon, GA29 reviews
Great company. Nice benefits. Very busy. Always had to be on top of your game. Learned how to be more organized and production oriented. Quality of life was decent.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Having to use proprietary items all the time.
Job wasn't hard at all, it was fun with the employees that we had just management & pay. I worked there my senior year of high school, it was great then lots of pay
Slow some time but good place to work friendly people great discounts on rooms eating is free great management I love it but needed more hours and money
This ia great place to work. The employees were good people and I made good friends. The benefits are great and you are able to invest in the company and theres room for advancement.
a typical is never typical you meet many different people from all over the world which is great. Being able to do different things is helpful and never a dull momnt.
Great company, but some of their management was not professional in their duties. Being promise positions and then being told someone else was chosen, after you were not given ample time to complete the on the job training.
Pros
Payrate
Cons
Un fair treatment
The General Manager at the Spring Hill is a racist and should never be allowed to work in that type of environment He is unethical and racist to the highest degree.
good job just didn't know when we were getting off. The marriott filled with good/ nice employees. It's all about treating your customers right and with all respect.
very on time hotel, loyal the guess and a lot of ambition when it came to getting any thing done .when things are pertaining to the stay or personal needs of the guess.
I loved the managers and the complete environment of the Marriot, great benefits .there were no hard parts of the job I learned to work better with co workers here.
We maintain 3 large facilities with limited supplies and team members, and 2 of the facilities are 40 years old or older. I have learned a lot from hands on experience and working with other vendors and technicians.
Pros
Health benefits and room discounts
Cons
We use our own tools and sometimes new hires don't have all they need.
I enjoyed working here. Great benefits. The people are wonderful. Great work/life balance. Opportunity to meet new people. Work is never boring.
It Is An Ok Work Invirment , my Coworks were awsome and down to earth people .. i need another job to top it because im not working any more
A banquet server is responsible for preparing the tables and banquet area before guests arrive, effectively serving a number of different dishes and courses to guests during a meal, and clearing the tables and banquet area after the guests depart. Banquets are most often held at hotels, resorts, or private clubs for large events and parties. This means that there may be 100 or more guests to be efficiently and pleasantly served during the course of an event. A server effectively tends to those needs, with duties similar to a restaurant waiter but working in a more team-focused way.
I love the Marriott as a company and how professional that it is run. I have gained an in-depth look into the world of the hotel the business and what all really goes into it. The only thing I can say is like a lot of businesses, there is a lack of communication and teamwork that needs to be addressed within the company in order for the business to be even more successful.
Pros
Free Lunches, Room and Restaurant Discounts, Opportunities to Travel
Cons
Scheduling conflicts, Lack of communication, Not a lot of opportunities to advance in house
Management is terrible. co-wokers are fun to fun around. costumers are great. I enjoy them. I had fun while it lasted. It just wasnt cutting it. everybody wanted to be in charge. We have 1 manager, 3 red coats, and that's it.
The most disappointing career move I have made. Marriott had no involvement with my hotel, Interstate also an over-hyped company bowed to the pressure of the owners. In six months, the entire Executive Committee left except the dim bulb GM and the even dimmer HR Director. "Yes" people with no creativity, no insight, no "big -picture" viewpoints reigned at my Four Diamond Marriott. Maybe Marriott should take a greater role on the management companies that run their brand, and the owners whose only goal is revenue at all cost.
Pros
Great venue, outstanding product to sell!
Cons
Poor GM and HR Directors, Poor Management Company and Ownership.
I really enjoyed working for Macon Marriott. If i had to do it over again i would work here most definitely.I loved the people i worked with. From the first time i started working i felt welcomed.
Pros
Great Meetings, Communication, Free Lunch
Cons
not working for this company
A typical day as a bartender varies from week to week. We treat every guest special and accommodate them in any way. The life behind the bar is fast paced with high energy. There is always someone new to meet and always something new to learn.

My management is top notch. My direct manager over food and beverage always looks out for her employees and does her best to make weekly schedules that make each bartender happy.

I was taught by our senior bartender and from there I taught our other two bartenders. We each look up to each other because we are strong in different areas and it creates a balance.

The hardest part of my job would be inter-business communication. The only trouble I've had was ordering liquor and having it stocked before my bar needed it.

I enjoy this job because of the energy and the family like bonds I have created with my fellow bartenders
Pros
Free Lunch / Dinner. flexable schedule
Cons
Only part time
The Marriott is a place where you have to use a lot of communication in order to get most of the job done. Teamwork play a huge part in this job also.
Pros
Great benefits, You meet alot of people
Cons
You are mostly working alone
The senior management lacked experience and the basic skills for
a hotel muchless a restaurant.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
unproductive leaders