Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Mesa, AZ

Overall descent place to work for. Very understanding. Always learning something new. Always trying to improve their operations. Too much overturn with management. May have a been an issue with that specific location.
The job I held at Marriott International was very demanding in terms of physical labor. When you're a houseman, you take on many responsibilities, such as: property tours, janitorial duties, guest deliveries, security, and light maintenance. You become the person who others turn to for assistance, so you take on many different roles within the hotel. With so many responsibilities, you are bound to have many hard days at work, but your co-workers will always understand and have your back. At the end of the day, you'll know that your work was appreciated by another and that you made a difference in that person's hotel experience.
Marriott is a great place to work. Great environment. I would still be there if I had not got sick. The employees are great they work as a team. Each month the company gave lunches.
Pros
Marriott Discounts on rooms.
Cons
Na
We get blamed for unhappy guests when we never have help from management and are so understaffed. We have to do everyone else's jobs plus our own making it very difficult to make connections with guests, be in a good mood & do our jobs correctly.
I worked a Lobby bar which all the guess would see when they walked in. It was fun serving them as well as hmeeting and hearing the stories they had.
Enjoyed selling events and Marketing. Great team of servers and chef. Pay was terrible considering the work load and expectations.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the public to create their special event. Great event staff.
Cons
Not a corporate Marriott, no job stability
This franchise of Marriott international is poorly managed.
My days vary from day to working in a variety roles under the Front Office/Rooms: Front Desk AYS Concierge I enjoy learning and developing existing and new skills
Pros
Hotel discounts, working with the industries best.
Cons
Working with team members who perform the bare medium work
High standard of customer service and meeting customer expectations. Really challenges you to be the best. Opportunity to move up is there as long as you work hard.
A very good Company to work for, Excellent staff I would honestly recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Very good company
Cons
Slow in the summer time
Management believes in empowerment. Lack of communication at times.