Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Minnetonka, MN

i love working there. they are such fun. it was like i was a child in a play land. i have grown with people there. they made it easier to work with. i do miss the whole team. im sure they miss me
Good Team productivity, Staff is courteous, Hard working efforts by all, Customer service is very good, and they seem always positive. They take good care of their clients.
Working at the hotel was fun. It was a great environment and coworkers were fun to work with but upper management was harder to deal with. Upward mobility was limited. Perks of working in a Marriott hotel are the discounts on hotel nights around the world.
Since I worked there, 5 FOM's have came in and out of the Sheraton Minneapolis West in Minnetonka. That says bad things about the hotel. The hotel was always low staffed.
I had a pleasant work experience while at the Marriott .people were friendly and my superviser was a very helpful person.I learned a lot about line cooking and catering. The hardest part of the job was creating new dishes on the menus.
Pros
working as part of a team
Cons
working long hours
Spent a few years here running a small Security department great work environment. Excellent staff and management company was really customer oriented. Trained staff very well and had a great reputation.
Pros
Developed a very professional Security Staff.
Cons
Marriott is a good place to get some supervisor experience.
Pros
Advancement opportuny
Cons
Low pay, long hours
It was a good place to work. People are clicky though. I enjoyed my job, but there is no room for advancement unless you can move all over the country
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
closed minded managment