Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Nashville, TN

Emphasizes diversity in it's hiring practices. The majority of employees support day other and make sure they are aware of what the management preferences are.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Overall Marriott is a good place to work. There isn't much of a work life balance if you are in management but I think that is the case for most hospitality jobs. There is plenty of room for advancement especially if you are willing to relocate. They match 401k and offer decent benefits. I feel like most management is underpaid based on the amount of hours you work but they do have a nice culture.
Pros
Free lunch, 401k matching, benefits
Cons
No work life balance
● OverallI like to work in the Marriot international inc cause it gives me the chance to improve my self also it’s a very good environment to work We have many good basics like look at everyone in the eyes and smile, speak first and last , discover and delight so we can make it right and too many other skills to gain
lots of daily autonomy to complete and achieve sales objectives; 40 hours of annual training in interesting, fun locations across the country; reachable 3, 6, 12-month sales objectives with nice bonuses in most cases; great leaders who encourage you and provide critical & positive feedback to make you a better salesperson.... to obtain objectives.
Pros
can work from home, plan work days, good amount of vacation to start and along the way
Cons
tedious tracking of sales activities, efforts at times; too many sales meetings too
Great entry experience for those exiting college especially for those interested in a hospitality career. Had a great experience with the company as a whole
I felt like I was improperly or poorly trained. Would had enjoyed job more if management took time out to complete training for front desk functions... this would had made me more confident and the guest as well.
Working at the Marriott has been one of my first jobs and it is great! The people there are friendly, helpful and really make it feel like a home away from home. Would recommend anyone who needs a job to work for this company.
I've been in Hotel hospitality since 1994. Lack of communication and loyalty has been a major factor! Being the Night Auditor/MOD you rarely get to know what's going on through the daily functions of operation. I know I'm a great fit for any hospitality company. But it starts with management! Thank you for your support!
Marriott has a great company structure that provides employees an easy way to work their way up into management. The benefits are also a great perk to the job.
I enjoy bartending at Marriott. Though it’s not a long term career, and as a 25 year old- I am looking more toward my future- and could see myself taking another position.
Has a possible but very small opportunities to meet or see celebrities and is overly bureaucratic. As long as you cover your but and keep your nose clean you can do very well at this location.
Pros
free lunch room and food
Cons
scheduling is difficult due to 24-7 365 days open
Truly enjoyed working for this company but they are contracting my department out. Due to the new company not being part of Marriott I feel it is a good time for me to leave.
I would say that there are ups and downs in every place. But stay clear of Opryland. Forced culture. Stress levels trickle down to the staff from management. Also, racism amongst the employees. Sad in this day and age.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
racism amongst the employees. low pay
You can do better. If you are looking for a full time job this is not the job for you as a front desk agent. If you are looking to be part time then this is a great space for you.
This hotel was a good place to work at first especially being in the heart of Nashville. Nice working environment. However, other than the distance being an issue for me it was really just poor management. They are very nice to your face but then talk about you behind your back to other co-workers. Lastly, they hardly ever relieved me for lunchbreaks which made it more stressful.
Loved the friends I made there. Enjoyed talking with the people staying at Gaylord Opryland. The place was beautiful. I loved the sights and scenes when walking to lunch through the Atrium. Loved talking with the people staying there when walking through Gaylord Opryland.
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
Its not the same company now that a Marriott is not running the show. The original philosophy of its founder is still talked about but not in practice. There is to much focus on the bottom line. Work/ life balance is not balanced as their GMs are asked to do more with less every year while the company cuts benefit for all management, especially GM's and higher.
I felt I was always going above and beyond and there were not enough employees available. If I was a night audit, I literally managed the hotel which was extremely unsafe for one individual. There are days my breaks "had" to be skipped and I was not paid overtime.
This was one of my favorite hotels I have worked for. They care about you and what you need. Rooms are nice and easy to keep clean. Love the people around and how nice everyone is. Great hotel !!
Pros
Good hours and good team
Cons
Fun place to work - especially at Gaylord Opryland. Lots of perks and benefits working for Marriott. Pay is extremely low for the cost of living in Nashville, Tennessee in 2018.
Pros
Free Lunches, Benefits are GREAT
Cons
Pay
great company to learn and grow you professional career, with so many opportunities world wide there is always a way to advance. Nice to be a part of one of the biggest companies in the world.