Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in New York, NY

With Marriott my family and I travel the world and the opportunity to stay in the best hotels is priceless. I will always forever grateful for that company.
Pros
Management are very good and a great culture there. Endless opportunity.
Cons
There a few bad apples around our colleagues. Otherwise it’s a gift working for Marriott
Great company to work for. Benefits are great but the hours are very long. Great work culture. Customers can be mean because they are always right....
Friendly co-workers, met a wide range of guests with different attitudes, and learned how to deal with stressful encounters. Overall a good company to work for.
Pros
Free lunch, employee discounts on hotel rooms, insurance, 401K, good company culture
Cons
Rude guests, slow season, work on weekends
Their motto is “People First”. This couldn’t be further from the truth. I was informed that my position was being eliminated and they were going to help me get placed. But I had to move to a different city. When I applied for some jobs they did not assist in having me be the front runner to get the position. I was told a few months later that if I wanted to stay with the company I would have to take a step back and a paycut. I looked outside the company and found a role that was more money and a step up.
Marriott Managed hotels that have been effected by the Pandemic in which decisions on the corporate level have prompted Marriott parting ways with Ownership groups, has impacted many associates that have put their blood, sweat and tears into their respective properties. However, should a return to the industry happen a position with Marriott is at the top of the list.
The company is famous for giving you a job with several sub jobs built in. They must have downsized and condensed alot of the positions years ago. Now with Covid the company laid everyone off so now the people who are left have even more work while the mgrs play on their laptops.
Pros
Direct deposit
Cons
Bad mgrs and too much work for 1 person
I do recommend Marriott International to anyone looking for a job, they give you the opportunity to grow and transfer between departments for you to achieve your goals.
The workplace environment is great. You are supported at every level of your career. We have lots of fun at work and often times you forget you are at work.
My job includes preparing & serving tables and buffets for hotel meeting guests. The hotel is normally a nice place to work. At times the hours are very long and you can work many days back to back.
full satisfaction in all that we do to ensure that our customers come back, see our property as their second home. day to day activities serves as a learning tool,
This is an amazing company to work for! I've worked for the company for years and have always felt supported. They are a family-run company and each property is like its own little family. Such a great company!
Security guard. Marriott hotel eastside o3 1o 2020 if i am hired i am going to be happy working for marriott hotel to me is a dream come true now i am in
Good benefits for the family. If you live in the city, its easy to get you. Employees are nice and its very busy. You must know how to multitask and get the job done.
Pros Largest hotel company in the world. Fortune 500 company. Global portfolio. Huge amount of resources available to you. Some of the brightest, most talented individuals in the industry. Cons Getting things done in any large, matrix organization can be cumbersome. Lacks the flexibility to be as innovative as some of the smaller companies. Specific to me, but the pursuit of an asset-light model means few opportunities for those who specialize in hospitality real estate.
We take a lot of value here of our associates. We encourage promotion with in. I really enjoy the people I work with, but just like the hotel industry, the pay is not as sufficient as it should be, especially for the area and the healthcare is a bit too much as well.
Pros
Fun Atmosphere
Cons
Pay and Healthcare
Everything is good . I have amazing coworkers and place
Me encanto formar parte de la empresa marriott hotel
Best job I've ever had. Strongly recommend for those people who wants to most of their life. Friendly environment no stress at all. Very professional management.
Interact with associates and leaders: -Investigations -FMLA concerns -Payroll discrepancies -Benefits -Due Process Meetings -Participate in First Step Grievances -Pay increases -Management Training -Adhering to the CBA -Making sure leaders are following the CBA -Unemployment Hearings -Attend Arbitrations
Pros
Free lunch and parking
Cons
Great healthcare, 401K match, Pto, Holidays
working for the Marriott marquis was one of the highest compensated jobs i ever had. i really enjoyed working there and i was so sad when the seasonal position was up. if i ever got another opportunity to work for this hotel i would do it. great experience
This company provides great and equal opportunities for every individual to improve themselves, the whole Marriott family has a common culture and standardized attitude towards work, the benefits, incentives and company policies makes it a great place to work, I would recommend everyone interested to join this family