Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Newark, NJ

I had been working for for Marriott for thirty years they had tough me a lot in all aspects of life By working for Marriott I feel that it prepared to to work at any company
Like any travel industry, you have the benefits to use their properties for a nice discount. All over the world. Also you can try to work your way up the company. but you have to know the right people
Pros
travel and hotels
Cons
hours
Great place to work. Wonderful benefits as well as great work culture. Ability to expand laterally to other jobs in the hotel. Takes time to get into a full time role.
Not speaking for all Marriott's but if you don't speak Spanish you won't last African-Americans are targeted IF they get employed if the owner would only ask questions about why that specific location is always hiring that is the reason and these are facts
Pros
It is a union job
Cons
Manager is a racist as well as one supervisor
If you want a good head start in customer service, Marriott its a great place to start, but mind you it will take a while for you to get consider for advancement.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
lack of career advancement
Enjoyed seeing the customers satisfied Not enough credibility It's a has a good work environment, only problem is some of the employees carried negative energy around.
Pros
Discounted room rates
Mariott is a great company. The benefits are great, there are people who are willing to help you move up or around the company. HOWEVER, especially if you're looking to go into management. You must have a love for hospitality! If you don't it will be extremely hard to last. The hours are very long, at least 10 a day. The constant change in policy will be a headache all on top of managing an operation. Be sure, that this is what you to do. If it is you'll love it and never leave the company.!
Pros
very long hours
Cons
excellent benefits
I enjoyed working at this property. It is face paced and a bit stressful, but rewarding work. The employees are a family and so are the guests. High energy property that is ALWAYS busy.
Pros
Great folks
Cons
long house, stressful
my experience at AIRPORT Marriott were very nice. i been working there for 29 years and i have learned a lot. it is a very fast pace place but when we got busy everyone jump in to help where they were needed. working for Airport Marriott were like being with your family. you get to know your coworkers on a personal note, and we use to have happy time after work with each other. some of the manger were OK. they would help you learn more then what you been doing. in all i would say this is a nice company to work for.
Pros
free Lunch company outing
Cons
short breaks heathcare cost too much
I would highly recommend working at Marriott the associates are friendly and work as hard as any other employees i have been around. Marriott gave me a second chance at working for a 500 fortune company and i will never forget.
Pros
career advancement frre dinner and discounts
Cons
It was only a one day job i so i am incapable of giving a full review of the environment job culture and etc. But the day i did work there it was great.
This property is very good place to work, listen to employees concerns and work together to achieve goals and help employees to move up in within the company.
Pros
Training, free unlimited meals and uniforms
Cons
The people were exceptional. They way the hotel and the Management Team treated everyone (employees and the guest) was heart warming. The kindness and thoughtfulness was like non other. I enjoyed coming to work each day and seeing happy, positive people. I loved how they all cared about your career path and worked at keeping life balance.
Busy hotel restaurant, never a dull moment. Cultivated the pallet made many new friends, met interesting people and celebrities. Learning new foods and wines was the best part of the job. Co-workers were a joy to work with. It was a pleasure being part of such a great company.
Pros
unlimited food and beverages
Cons
long hours at times
Normal days sometimes, I learned a lot about the housekeeping department. I managed about 60 people every day. Some of my days were hard to manage but I did the best I could . The hardest part of the job was that there was no communication between the front desk and the housekeeping department.
Very busy hotel property located on NJ's biggest and busiest airport. I enjoyed attending to my Guests, however the hardest part of the position was the Management. On any given day, we would have 7 Managers, all with different ways of doing the same thing. It was a challenge having many people directing you to do one thing, several different ways.
Pros
Always busy so my shift went fast.
Cons
Too many Managers.
I have over ten years of experience in servicing maintenance and cleaning. I have the ability to per well in a high pressured environment. I am able to work independently and as a member of a group.
Courtyard by Marriott was a corporate hotel with a supportive management team. Working in a fast paced hospitality setting prepared me to have a great work ethic. Great personality was a must. Having a great personality, I was able to have guest come back and stay at the hotel just so they can get serviced by me personally.
it a fast pace job, work as a team to make the day easier assist the house keeper wit everything they need stock closet with linen and supplys , do laundry, unloads trucks and clean hall ways
Pros
free lunch
I manage a great team, We work hard and have tons of fun. My typical day is first finding out how my team is operating and making sure they have the right tools that they need to keep our operation running efficiently and productively. I always take the time to educate the team of policy and procedures and ensure that they are doing a great job. I like to always show my appreciation for their work and encourage them by setting different incentive projects to earn acknowledgement for their efforts. By doing this makes my team a better working environment to which they can treat our guest like family stress free. The hardest part I feel is getting the team to understand that we can not make everyone happy but we can always show empathy to everyone. The best part of my job is that we all understand each other and we all have a voice. We all have a chance to include what we do best and make it work for our overall team.
Pros
Our team
Cons
Our location is a challenge for our guest
a great please to work as long as you like people. the more work you have the better. you get to interact with other departments and make great connections and friends.