Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Newton, MA

Great company! Great benefits! Accommodating managers that really care about the staff. Flexible hours. Decent pay for a suburb property. Staff at the hotel stay working there for years because of loyalty and dedication.
This company cares about making money for the investors. I didn’t have the necessary equipment to do my job. The kitchen is dirty, I refused to eat there after I found a cockroach in my salad in the employee cafeteria.
Pros
Cons
Poor supervision
Very immature work environment and racist. Do not waist you energy here, they do not appreciate hard work. Its alot of gossiping and no communication from management.
Working at the Marriott International hotel was amazing. The staff was incredible and the overall work environment was amazing. Everyone was always having a good time. Absolutely would recommend either staying for a night just to see the rooms and the service, or attempting to work there!
I would take the orders and also set up the trays while making sure that the food got sent to the rooms in a timely fashion. I enjoyed the exercise of going up and down the halls.
Learned many life skills with my time at Newton Marriott Hotel. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed being a part of this company.
Convention Service Manager for a 6.5 million $ banquet operation. Opening procedures, set up of all functions, all room turns 15-25 per day. Managing and scheduling 35 banquet housemen and supervisors. China, glass, silver and linen inventory. Front of the house and back of the house sanitation in banquet area and meeting rooms. Storage of all cost of good for banquets, maintaining all par stock inventory. Catering Sales for Corporate groups over 100pp. Weekly sales forecast. Maintenance of all tables, chairs, risers, dance floor, podiums, AV equipment How to manage an extremely high volume convention service department. Corporate Sales for 100+people. Sales forecast. How to increase employee morale. Management were all extremely helpful and experienced. Co-workers were awesome! :) The most challenging aspect of the job was the business volume The experience I gained and the people were the most enjoyable part of this job. :)
Pros
Experience gained
Cons
wages
This Marriott hotel is a very business oriented customer based hotel. The restaurant at night can be busy at times, but is typically on the slower slide. Working here has increased my skills in reading guests cues in order to create a personal and comfortable environment for them to enjoy their meals. The management at this hotel is not the greatest. Things are slow to be handled when a situation does arise. It is an older hotel so equipment tends to breakdown on a regular. Priorities in fixing what needs to be fixed seems to be lacking. Majority of my coworkers are great. Friendly, helpful, and efficient at their jobs The hardest part of this job would be dealing with the management staff of the restaurant. The restaurant manager tends to be stubborn and unwilling to listen to, or takes suggestions from employees. The most enjoyable part, for myself, is really making that personal connection with a guest. Seeing them happy and knowing I played a role in making their stay at the hotel more enjoyable is truly rewarding.
Supervise production of more than 8000 meals every day for more than 50 flights (British Airways, Air France, and Swiss)Supervise 30 employees in food production areaModify menus and special meals & inventoryImproved food quality and train employees to follow the food recipe & spec. Cost controlling and duty schedulesFood hygiene and sanitationSpecial charter flightsBruins, Red Sox, Florida Panthers, Miami Air, Champion Air