Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Omaha, NE

Great place to work. Company is understanding of medical issues and will make you feel that your job is safe. Pay is decent for the most part. Management cares and provides feedback to help you succeed.
I have been with Marriott Bonvoy International for 3 years. I absolutely love working in this company. Because of my medical condition of Epilepsy, they immediately told me they would allow me to work from home. They feared for me as I drove back and forth from home to work and vice versa. How fantastic are they?! They made sure I would be included in the Marriott family and made sure i was safe. I'm so proud to say I work for this wonderful company.
Pros
Caring, Inclusive, Ability to Progress, and Competitive Pay
It's a great place to work l Managers and CEO and co-workers are always nice... uplifting caring and concerned. They put in effort to make you feel like we're s family. I love the feedback it helps me achieve my goals. This is a nice great awesome place to work.
Being able to work from home made it easier for when after hours and scheduled downtime work was required. Working with team members from around the world.
Great hotel benefits for travel, however work life balance did not allow frees of having time off to travel and use benefits without getting a strike against you
Pros
Great hotel discount
Cons
Cannot seem to get PTO approval to use the hotel discount
Not really caring when it comes to sick days. Not really working with you and your home problems. Don’t have many does to call off , even due to family.
I love working for a company that cares about it's employees and all about profit. I'm a part time worker whos input is just as valuable as full-time, long term people. My input makes a difference. Whether you work from home or on site the company cares about you and your needs.
This company puts their employees first. They are willing to work with their employees to do their job well and keep their position if something comes up. They go above and beyond to spoil their staff with free swag, PTO and outstanding Benefits.
I worked at Marriott from June 2015 to Oct 2016, and I only ended up leaving to pursue my higher education full-time. One of the best jobs I ever had- they say "take care of your employees and they will take care of your guests" and they mean it. One warning to my fellow women- you will occasionally get calls from creepy men who treat this as a s*x line. The company encourages you to hang up on them and call a lead if you need someone to talk to about what you went through. They know it's a workplace hazard for women and they really do treat it as a serious issue!
Marriott Worldwide Reservation Center in Omaha Ne. is Marriott's only 24 hour call center in the world. Marriott provides rewards to loyal clientle, also appreciation to all employees with catered lunch once a week as representatives from alternate locations visit us to provide information on all their properties!!
I truly enjoyed working for Marriott International! Best fitting job for an mother with an busy schedule. My co-workers were extremely friendly and helpful Very beneficial for pay and beneifits
Great discount on hotel stays. You learn a lot about the Marriott brands. You also get the chance to move up in the company as you go. Its a friendly environment.
This is a great company to work for. You can learn geography and different benefits for being a customer as well as an employee. Employee discounts are provided as well.
Working for Marriott reservations is great. You can learn a lot of transferable job skills through this job. Their benefits are eh. The hotel discount is obviously the most popular, but with good reason. The training started out very great, but they change out the systems so quickly due to the merger, that there really is no solid training anymore, and if there is, the procedures change just as quick. Other than that, if you can hold your ground, it is a decent atmosphere, and a great place to start working in the hospitality biz.
Pros
smoking area, lunch area, market place
Cons
training has gone downhill
Co-worker pleasant to work with. Willing to assist when needed. Typical days most of all. Almost no leadership when working evenings and weekends. Some of the clients were pleasant to speak with.
Since few months I've been working at this Marriott property, 2 employees have left. It's a good place to work. I feel not a whole lot of good communication around the work area. No one is on the same page. I have been given a project & was on this project for about 3 weeks., Lo and behold I come into work & find out someone else in different department says that they are taking over.NOT COOL! THEY should ask!!. Just saying!
Flexible hours plenty of overtime working from home is great pay is decent helping customers plan trips is great always something new to learn plus hotel discounts
A typical day would be to check out memos and emails. Go on line to assists guest with issues posted on social media. I have learned to work multiple systems and I learned helpful customer service skills. The work place culture was a mix of all types of people..18years to 70. The hardest part to deal with is to work when the systems crash. Helping guests resolve their concerns
Be prepared to enter into your juvenile years again. This is a very non inclusive environment where management place favoritism and if reported will retaliate. The job at hand is easy if you do not mind physical activity. Housekeepers are treated like second-rate citizens and the pay reflects this as well.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor pay, terrible working atmosphere, extreme favoritism
For most of the time it felt like a family environment. It was common to have outings. Towards the end it felt much more corporate and bottom line oriented.
Marriott was a high pace Reservations center.They do offer pay raises and Benefits. This job offers a work at home options and transfer to home agents or building employees any where in the U.S.