Marriott International, Inc.
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

Orlando, FL382 reviews
One of the best companies to work for. Very organized with their procedure. Professional, focused and has plenty of opportunities to grow. Benefits are pretty great. I’ve learned a lot from this company. Highly recommended!
I have enjoyed my time with Marriott. Leadership is always visible and has an open door policy for all. They are excited to share their vision for our property and the part each host plays in that vision. If you are a hard worker and are open with your leader about your career goals, they will work with you to develop a plan to get you where you want to be. There are lots of opportunities within the company.
Pros
Career Development/Opportunities.
Cons
None.
Working for the Marriot was a well needed and accepted change from my previous location. The leadership at my location was phenomenal and friendly. The Chefs knew their trade and craft and were able to concisely express what and how they wanted their products and needs met. The overall atmosphere was welcoming and warm and the entire company as a whole treated you like a family and looked out for you and your best needs.
Pros
Great work environment, friendly staff and coworkers, skilled leadership
you are able to grow and make the most of your life goals at this company. But sometimes times your manager dosent want you to progress any other way than the way they want you too. Weather it be fast and easy or slow and hard.
Pros
opportunities to do anything
Cons
Bad management
I worked for this company for almost 10 years, I don't have anything bad to say about Marriott. This company give me many opportunities to get success in my career, my personal life and the managers were always able to help me up when I need it. Even that I am not part of this company anymore because the COVID19, I feel Marriott Company will be part of my life forever.
I have to start a new chapter in my life but I will take the company in my heart.
Pros
People is the most important part for this company.
Cons
No negative coments.
Coming in on time everyday. Getting my scheduled rooms, packing and loading supplys to my card , starting on a empty room taking all laundy out and cleaning rooms proberly.
Pros
Tips
My daily responsibility was rooms painting/touchups and various pop ups. They have various opportunities for training and outside school. Advancement in my trade is limited because no on leaves
Pros
Pay is good. Coworkers get along well.
Cons
Recessions/layoffs
Wonderful work environment. Fast paced. Managers are very helpful. Lots of money to be made and very flexible with scheduling. They provide you with everything you need to do your job.
Mariott was truly something different. It was very diverse. I got to work with all different types of nationalities not to mention they taught me the value of smart work and hard work.
Marriott would have special occasions for the holidays and always make sure that everyone is included. They're one big family thats looking for more to join everyday. They believe in chances and I'm happy they give me one.
My experience with Marriott was very pleasant didn't have any issues. I enjoyed working there alot. I will be glad when they are up and running to return to what i do best.
I've learned that the best and worse are the people who work there.

There's very talented people there who will do everything possible to help you succeed and at the same time are the same people who gets bombarded with political schemers who are less talented and are very insecure (rightfully so) about their high level positions. Sometimes it makes for a caustic environment. Take those individuals out of the meeting rooms and everything is professional and focused on resolving issues be best way they can.
The leadership makes a great effort to maintain a great work environment
very great company to work for and will always care for their guests and host. very excellent benefits. great flexible scheduling. and pay is great. no regrets
Working for Marriott as a company is great. Good benefits and advancement opportunities. the management at my specific property leaves much to be desired though.
Good company to work for. Very good learning experience. Top hotel chain in the world. Very diversed company. Great benefits such as healthcare, 401 program
I worked here for 8 years and I was able to hold a variety of different positions. I advanced throughout the F&B department, which then allowed me to move to events. With the knowledge I gained, I became a sales manager because I knew the property so well.
Great place to work out. They have very good benefits when it comes to insurance and 41k.Great recognition to their employees.
DHFKSDHKSDHFKSDHFKSDHFKSDHFKDSHKFHSDK
It went well had lots of fun learnd Allot of things met allot of smart people learned allot of you have a chance work there pay is well but don’t trust your co workers they will stab you in the back
Great work environment, great pay, fun place to work. Inbound, outbound calls to customers and friends sell vacation packages. The most enjoyable part of my job was making the customer happy every day was not a happy day problem solving and distressed customer
Indoor / outdoor household cleaning and organizing, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, changing linen, cleaning windows, bathrooms, making sureeverything is clean and neat for guest. Kills: communication flexibility commitment, integrity, motivation. Empathy, teamwork, time management, guest service skills.