Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

One of the best companies to work for. Very organized with their procedure. Professional, focused and has plenty of opportunities to grow. Benefits are pretty great. I’ve learned a lot from this company. Highly recommended!
Working for Gaylord Palms Hotel has been an amazing experience. They have wonderful cultures to look after and everyone is amazing! I would work there again if I could!
The pay is not as high as other company are offering. They offer medical, PTO and 401k. They also have a scholarship program for anyone studying houspitaly.
Your just a number and manager/supervisor at that time was from call center with no experience in what I did and only cared for call center not for the department that was probably just handed off to her
Es una empresa que brinda buenas oportunidaes a los imigrantes que apesar que no dominas el idioma te da la posibilidad de ascender de puesto, valorando tu trabajo y bprofesionalismo..Es una empresa con una excelente profesionalismo y personal cordial y calificado.
Pros
Todos los beneficios de ley
Cons
N/a
I worked in Marriot Corp for 20 years,very Good benefits and Retirement Plan ,and for my the perfect place to Work .....Good company ............... ok Party is over
I only got minimum wage. I was not using my talents or making as much money as I used to. Any person can work as a dishwasher. A dishwasher can not get a promotion.
At the Marriott, the management is very organized and supportive to every employee. The supervisors and managers are very supportive and always on your side.
This is a great company to begin a career in Hospitality. If you work in every department and learn the business, you can be promoted to management and enjoy a long work life.
Marriott is a great company. The pay is decent and the work is fair among all employees. Customer service is suburb and guest are always wanting to come back. We have guest who stay 6 to 8 weeks out of the year.
Great benefits, room for growth. Fast paced, you will learn a lot of new skills while on the job. Lots of promoting from within the team. Management is always willing to help.
Very consistent and a good place to work. Marriott takes care of their associates and their training is a great place to work. Hospitality experience is top notch!
I enjoyed working here, I would come back. I loved my manager, she was easy to talk to and voice any concerns. I did work long hours frequently but tips made up for it. I got along well with most of my coworkers.
There is a lot of great qualities in working in this establishment from the people to the quality of food we provide for our guests. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here.
Great company, great benefits. There are departments better than others but that's how it's going to be everywhere you go. I went from working in the kitchen to becoming a server and it was awesome. Benefits are worth it!!!! Discounts at other Marriott properties, for you and your family/friends. Health benefits are the best I've seen from any company so far. I highly recommend this company!
excelente ambiente de trabajo ,, disciplina y responsabilidad
Enjoyed my time and had success shared with employees and customers on a daily basis. Built and fostered relationships to promote success for all individuals included.
Orlando World Center is a TOXIC WORK ENVIRONMENT*(Front Desk/Office). The pay is very low (you make more at Wal-Mart hourly). Job Culture/Moral is extremely poor. Front Office is poorly ran. Front Desk is always understaffed (your constantly working twice as hard and given multiple extra tasks daily) Paid Time Off is never granted due to understaffing issues. Work hours change every day, you never have a consistent shift. For example one day you may work 6-230 the next 3-11. The worst is when they make you work until 11pm one night and make you come back at 6am the very next morning! You barely ever get two days off in a row. Your sleep schedule is always out of wack. You are constantly stressed out (from guests, co-workers, low pay). It feels like your health takes a backseat as well. GUESTS ARE ALWAYS MAD at housekeeping, restaurants, high costs, valet or check-in process. Housekeeping never has rooms ready (so therefore guests will keep coming to the front desk and giving you a hard time until their rooms get ready) Housekeepers purposely call off on busy days, leaving rooms dirty until 6 7 8pm! Listen Marriott is a great company to work for but just not this property. It is extremely poorly ran. Make the healthy choice and do yourself a favor and seek another Marriott Property. This property could be so much more with the correct management/directors in place. Hopefully help is on the way and managers/director gets replaced!
I did enjoy myself at wcmco, alot of room for growth. Some great managers others not so much ...i do miss working there. It was fast pace environment .
everyone was joyful excited to come to work we moved as one unit it was fast paced and nothing but competition trying to make each other better I learned to depend on co workers don't try and do everything myself. management was supportive and always attentive to all employees. my coworkers were the most enjoyable part of the job.
The company I work individual experience while I was working there is know what need to be done and everybody's is happy great day. Details about why I liked or disliked my job is liked it because what I been doing skills level of cleaning rooms daily and for the dislike is no team player at the company.
Pros
Pro is a Latin root word meaning for. If you make a list of pros and cons, you are listing the reasons for doing something and the reasons not to, respectively. Pro is also the shortened form of the word "professional, " often referring to professional sports
Cons
They sat for hours debating the pros and cons of setting up their own firm.