Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

One of the best companies to work for. Very organized with their procedure. Professional, focused and has plenty of opportunities to grow. Benefits are pretty great. I’ve learned a lot from this company. Highly recommended!
it was a great experience I did inbound and outbound calls I met wonderful people in the process they have fantastic training easy going great work schedule
A typical day in Marriott is a day of learning. When I get there I did not have the experience but they teach me how to do my job. The management is open to hear you and help you. I really enjoy when clients are happy with our work, that feels great.
I started in Banquets and I wanted to get my job on my experiences alone. I had to walk in my high heels with a tray of 10 full plates of rounds from one side of the banquet hall turn around and walk back, setting the tray on the tray Jack. They also gave us a menu and a blank piece of paper and we had to have it 10 minutes. The panel was very impressed I memorized the menu as I re called it back to them. Needless to say I was hired without using my husband's name.
I did housekeeping and management was a mess and a huge turnover rate so lots of overtime. Some people had lower-pay “fun” jobs that they liked though
Pros
Free meal, some benefits
Cons
Never enough supplies, micro management and nit-picky supervisors
Very fun place to work at, the bar and restaurant is right in front of the pool. people are very happy and relaxed since majority are coming straight from the pool. management for the most part is always around if not the front desk managers are very helpful.
I am starting and leaving with this... you have no room to breath and not one person inside of that building can be trusted. In one ear out the other. They don't care about your lives, every man for himself. Hispanic lady's think they own the place and they get paid allot more even if they don't even understand a vowel of English. Worst working experience I have ever had so far and I will never ever go back to work for this place.
the most enjoyable part of the job working as one team in any challenging we have and meet the team goals .The hardest part of the job when you do not have enough information.
I enjoy working and traveling the world..so being in hospitality allows me to do so.Working for the Marriot provides the ability for me to do both.I couldn't ask for a better company to be apart of.
Typical days at work are enjoyable in the sense that the people who work there are a great team to work with. I've learned a lot about people in leadership positions and how they tackle issues regarding others above and below their positions. Management in many areas of expertise typically hire and promote based on relationship rather than ability to adequately perform the functions of the position/department role. There is a lack of training other than favoritism toward individual desire of promotion.
Good place to work had its ups and downs but great customer service housekeepers work as a team and also houseman worked together easy way to dont only problem not enough hours and little pay.work
Your Hotel's are very different that a thousand Key resort, However, Orlando is a great place to live and the weather is great all year long. The associates thrive on leadership and love to learn as much as they can.
they treat you very well. its a fun place to work. it does get busy at times but it just makes the time go by faster. they really do care about their employees.
This place is a good place to work and make money but sometimes the calls are not the best. Prepare to be micromanaged like you've never been micromanaged before. I would recommend it.
Pros
good clientele
Cons
micromanage
Management is going to help you at anytime. Fun place to work and you will find an excellent place with nice coworkers to work hard and be happy.....
Pros
Excelente place to work
Cons
Marriott was a good place to work with good benefits. There were secured hours for my position therefore I did not work holidays or weekends. The team was excellent.
benefits
Cons
Great to meet new people from all walks of life, assist with making their trips memorable. Lots of options with departments and scheduling hours, work closely with others.
Very good place to work.i am enjoying working at mariott,there no Other place like mariott.it's fun to work here.It was my pleasure to work with that Hotel.
Pros
Full time work
Cons
Lunch break
It was a steady job while I was taking classes. The people were decent. The hotel was a mixture of characters that made everyday an experience. I learned from everyone there how to make things better, which I try to explain to others at the jobs I have been since.
Pros
decent job
Cons
a few loose cannons
I was very fortunate to be chosen to work in the Orlando World Center Marriott as a Guest Service Representative, it wasn't easy to be honest. The regular day at the front desk is considered as a 1500 check-ins or more since we have a total of 2,010 rooms. The managers and supervisors are very understanding and supportive, we also have mentors that guide us every step of the way. Despite our busy days, I always enjoy coming in to work because it's always a fun day meeting new people and seeing my friends of course. On top of that we had to balance a bank of $800, process credit card, cash, and check payments.
Pros
Uniform Laundry, Overtime, Diverse culture
If you love hospitality and look no further. Marrriott Intl. Was an awesome place to work. There culture seeks to engage employees, offer opportunities for career progression. Wish I was still working for them. I got a great foundation in guest service and operations.
Pros
Employee Rate, Great Benefits, Marriott Federal credit Union