Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

One of the best companies to work for. Very organized with their procedure. Professional, focused and has plenty of opportunities to grow. Benefits are pretty great. I’ve learned a lot from this company. Highly recommended!
working in the kitchen of the world center Marriott is one of the best. it's a diverse group of people who showcases their talents and shares their culture with others. you can learn a lot specially when it comes to food because of diversity. Management do their best to always stay contact with their staff to ensure the staffs are taken good care of so they could also take good care of the guests.
I enjoyed my time and positions at Marriott International. I was provided many career opportunities and learned so much with each opportunity. I had many good years with Marriott International.
Marriott world center is a resort hotel with many options to advance and provides a world class experience to both guest and employees it is also a place where you can make alot of friends
Pros
Steady income
Cons
Buena empresa y una cultura excelente hacia los compañeros de trabajo
Pros
Buena paga
Cons
No hay overtime
Well I was moved up quickly! It is a Hotel with alot conventions events. Alot of people attend and come with there companies. There a couple of restaurants and they all are busy. Practically everyone helps each other.
like i said above i have exactly nothing bad to say. i had to leave so it's okay. it was fun to work with the other employees and they working environment was good
If you’re going to accept a position in Orlando at the ritz Carlton as a guest experience expert... don’t. they make all their GEE’s part time to avoid paying them when it gets slow. Then because you’re part time you receive no insurance benefits the position itself is basically 4-5 front office roles in one with super low pay which isn’t enough to live on. They demand so much of you and don’t pay you even close to enough to compensate for your hard work. Don’t accept this position unless you’re going in as a supervisor or manager. Also there’s no room for advancement they rather hire an outside person with no experience or skills to be your supervisor.
Pros
Cons
No Insurance, Low Pay, Cut hours when it’s slow, and overworked
Saving with exultance attitude , very friendly . The uniform provided must be very clean and hiring nice . Serving in the minimum time and serving in the properly temperature , hot or cold required .
As with all companies you have the good side and the bad side Marriott is no exception to that rule. I feel like I do have job security however I feel that there is no room to grow. The tasks that we are required to complete and the compensation does not equal up. It can leave you sometimes feeling like you're overworked, underappreciated and underpaid. The culture can also use some improvement as well.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Benefits, compensation
Good benefits but felt like I was back in high school with employee clicks. Not the best environment if you are looking to work in a professional atmosphere.
I’d never imagine I’d be happy to want to work somewhere I hear about management eTc here managers and all roles from server to front desk to housekeeping have the same mind frame We are all there to support if your in need of help
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Na
GM, associates and staff very friendly and collaborative. They appreciate initiatives and new ideas. Besides, they treat all the employees with respect.
Pros
respect and open door philosophy
Cons
salary
BEST COMPANY I EVER WORKED FOR! Marriott International is an amazing company to work for, has great benefits, amazing company, great career advancement opportunities.
Great place to work, pay was good and there was always help when needed. As well you get discounts on rates for rooms and food. They make you feel appreciated at the hotel.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
No set schedule
at the time i was there it was a very good place to work, they take good care of the employees and provide a lot of perks and make it a very fun environment to work in
Excelente y Muy buen ambiente de trabajo,se aprende mucho ya que no sólo trabajas en tu área ya que aprendes muchas cosas nuevas.
Pros
Seguro medico
Cons
Algo de poco tiempo para almorzar
Trabajar en Marriott me enseño el valor del compañerismo. Mis supervisores y co/workers siempre estuvieron dispuestos a colaborar para sacar adelante el trabajo.
Pros
Ambiente cálido, compañerismo
Cons
Poco personal
What an amazing corporation to work for. They really take care of all their employees, very good in management, you move every 18 months so you do not feel the same lassitude all the time
very fun place to work, I love going to work because everyday you had something to look forward too. everyone welcomes you in and treats you like family the Marriott is family away from home.
Very laid back job - you just call out all day to confirm unless you get a call in. You can be on youtube, on your phones they don't really care. The real challenge is when you need help. The sups have it too easy so they do the minimum.