Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

One of the best companies to work for. Very organized with their procedure. Professional, focused and has plenty of opportunities to grow. Benefits are pretty great. I’ve learned a lot from this company. Highly recommended!
The hotel has a strong and positive attitude for a newly branded location under the Marriott name. The management is very understanding and flexible for the needs of the employees. The environment is near a union based atmosphere.
Pros
flexibility for employees needs
Cons
low rates of pay
I love work with Marriott company is like a beautiful family. Marriott thinks in my family, my coworker, my company. Marriott take care of the employee and their family.
The Marriott was a great place to work. I was treated well because I worked hard. Raised were every year on a very fair raiting of employee review. hard workers were rewarded.
Good company to work for they really try to take care of their employees at the macro level and intend really good things for their staff. At the lower levels once you have a position it is nearly impossible to switch to something else unless you have a personal relationship and an "in."
El personal de trabajo son como familia colavoradores y muy eficientes como trabajadores ayudando a los huesped
Una empresa muy grande con deficientes en salaries jordanas extenuenates
Fast paced working environment, always on your feet. Management could be less strict and less micro managing. otherwise great company. Excellent field if you enjoy interacting with people everyday.
Working here, everybody has a different story. I have enjoyed my time with the company. I hope I can truly hit my 25 years with the company. 4 down 21 to go.
Pros
Employees and benefits.
Cons
Management too.
Nice Property Very impressive General Manager Very nice Operations Director but Resort Managers culture needs improvement. Friendly HR staff very helpful.
Pros
Meets very interesting Guests and Villa
Cons
Management needs improvement
A normal day of work consists organizing my agenda with the respective clients. I learned to be very determined in achieving my goals and achievements through management persistence and put this in practice . The management it was sometimes a little hard because every country was different , and I had to be strong and intelligent to direct my team. It was very interesting work with that many idiosyncrasies , I learned how to be able to manage different groups of people.The hardest part of my duties it was when I have to accomplish my volumes and I don't have a responsible team.The best part was to reach my goals despite the set backs,that gave me personal satisfaction and my company recognition.
Pros
Spiffs and bonuses
Cons
No benefits
every year they pile more work duties and responsibility but won't pay you more. They want me to train but refuse to give me the .75 extra cents an hour to actually do it. They do not care about you. just shut up and do the job
Es un buen ambiente de trabajo, divertido y ameno, pero el pago no es lo que espero.
Good place nice environment great benefits good food good schedule and flexible lots of hours just not to much option for advancement unless you have a degree or education.
benefits
Cons
more opportunity for internal promotion
Es un trabajo sumamente fuerte pero donde se aprende
Marriott is a great place for the guests, but not for the employees because they hire cheap labor. They just use them to the maximum. The management at the World center Marriott sucks because they are all corrupted while I was there. I would never go back again.
Loved this job would work here again if I could great housekeeping workers great staff enjoyed helping other getting what they needed to make sure there stay at the marriott was lovely. I enjoyed cleaning up very easy job I learned great customer service
Collaborating staff dedicated to work. Schedules agreed and adjuted to personal availability. High work volume and little staff to execute it. A lot of pressure and high demand in compliance with outlined ones.
Excellent place of work and people. Variability work each day, do not monotone. Collabotating staff dedicated to work. Schedules agreed and adjusted to personal availability.
Pros
Cheap Food.
you get the good and bad with this as you would with any other organization....work hard and be respectful and you can grow quickly. Choose not to represent the brand properly and youll be looking for work elsewhere.
After one year of working here, they began to implement new changes and old requirements for employees. Management is hard to work with, never considers others.
Pros
Discounts on hotel rooms
Cons
Everything else