Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Oxon Hill, MD

Oxon Hill, MD18 reviews
provided cleanness for clients and customers who get a room there. Thee union provide resources for some of employees and helps them with different situations. This is a quality hotel. It has very special and i.pirtant guess
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good company to work. Staff is very nice and helpful and overall works as a team. Management can communicate a bit more to keep the staff informed. But wouldn’t change anything else. I love my job
It has been a great five years working for Marriott. I love the benefit of discounted rooms when I travel and I like to ensure guests commitment to the brand.
if you work he make sure you keep up with the work, ask a lot of questions. take notes make sure you have an understanding of the job they will move on without you.
Pros
free lunch
Working with Marriott is a nice place to work especially the pay and hour, the benefits for !e and my family and the guest are really friendly and you can talk to them to give advice on the area.
A typical work day starts off giving instructions by supervisor to get jobs done correct. then off to getting the work done. Its great team work even with the department other than the one I am in.
My experience being employed at the Galord National gave me knowledge of HR procedure and protocol. I truly learned a lot working around dedicated co workers and knowledge staff.
Pros
Ability to navigate career, excellent benefits
Cons
My typical day of work would consist of helping my colleagues to mitigate customer check-ins to hotel property and also to mitigate potential disputes. Paying attention to detail and ensuring quality customer service as well as personal characteristics as patience, comprehensive listening skills, and open communication were key components to being successful on the job. I enjoyed my daily interactions with our over 1,000 guest daily. I learned the value of teamwork, the ability to empathize with customer needs, and to be better organized.
Pros
Free lunches, employee engagements events
Cons
inconsistent work schedules
I helped my customers pick out pictures to go into snow globes , picture frames , key chains etc. I was a greeter. I took pictures of families, couples, and singles before they went into ICE.
The job is great but the management choose to ignore employee complaints or concerns and becomes very frustrating but other than that the job isnt as terrible as others
New hotel with European feel. Still growing and the staff and management in place will help the hotel grow into a gem. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with guests and my coworkers.
I love my job at this hotel it had excellent benefits and has great events . The manager are great the co workers are amazing and so is Mr. Marriott his self that would visit all of the properties .
Pros
free lunches
Marriott is a WONDERFUL company to work for! If you want to be in hospitality this is the place you need to be. Great management, fun environment, potential for upward mobility. The pay is a little low for some of the management positions and what they do on a daily basis and the travel benefits are OK (could be better) but overall it's a wonderful and warm company to work for.
You meet a lot of different people there which is good for networking if you're looking to go into another field. I only worked there seasonally but they treat their employees well and they are very big on diversity.
great environment lots of opportunities long work weeks support staff is great
The Marriott is a great company to be employed with. I worked in the Safety Services/Loss Prevention department. The one major flaw of the position was the excessive standing. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the diversity and atmosphere.
Pros
Fee Lunch.
Cons
Short breaks
One of the most unprofessional environments I have ever been a part of. This hotel is a former red zone property, which means they almost had their brand stripped away due to grossly poor performance. Within 5 months of my employment they had reached #1 global status for guest satisfaction and there was no mention of this by upper management. Once asked, it was brushed off and portrayed as "their own work". Which I found astonishing since in the previous 5 years of existence they had never been as high as #150. My staff was not congratulated, nor was I. This type of morale permeated the entire property and was not something I wished to continue being a part of.
Pros
nothing was free except lunch on Friday's which always had the chance to be week old food
Cons
everything
day to day provide technical support for hotel guests ,conventions, and employees
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks