Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been with Marriott for over 15 years and I always went to a Marriott branded hotel each time I went to a new property, I was dedicated to Marriott and that is because I loved it! It is a great place to start for people that want to make hospitality & tourism their career. The company takes care of their employees, just like they take care of their guests and Mr. Marriott would not have it any other way!
Pros
Amazing growth potential, great benefits, hotel discount perks are awesome!
Cons
Pay for entry level positions is very low
Working At Marriott was really great I enjoyed my time there it was a great experience. The food was great there was fun activities to do for the customers.
Working at Marriott it's all about putting the guest first and making each individual person that walks through the door feel it's all done for them. One must always try to add that personal touch to every interaction, creating a rapport that keeps guests coming back.
The overall experience working at this hotel was a mixed bag.This review doesn't amount to much. Nothing but a first job that I stayed way too long in.
I have worked for GREAT locations within this company, and unfortunately, one poor one. The experiences range from very rewarding and satisfied guests to some crazy experiences, but, overall, THE COMPANY ITSELF is OUTSTANDING!!! I met Bill Marriott years ago while earning my Hotel Management Certification, and the core of this company is a wonderfully, well organized (extended) family. The perks are great also and benefits. It truly does feel like a family. My one bad experience? Let's just say that was like "that cousin" you don't talk to for a reason......
Pros
Fun atmosphere, great benefits, awesome company!
Cons
If your managment team doesn't care...it trickles down.
Checking in hotel guest and meeting many people of different walk of life. Accounting
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
being in charge of many outlets and high banquet sales is one of the greatest learning experiences
A typical day it's most likely any day or every day.I learne a lots , lke socialize with the guest and knowing some thing every day from them.we have a good mnagement, work as a teem always,and be kind with each other.We have fun working together when i'm not there it's seems like there is a missing part.The hardest part is,when there is a problem i'm alway be the first one to seeif we can fix it be for we bring that to our manager attention.the most enjoyable part is the closing shift, every one motivated to see who's going to be the first one to fnish the side job and Go home first, ilove tht part.
Every day I was able to interact with the guests and exceed their needs. Very enjoyable building relationships with the guests and other Marriott employees. During my time at the front desk and during my time in housekeeping there were multiple opportunities to learn new skills and have new experiences. There are always opportunities to assist in other departments. The hardest part of the job was working with a zero budget and not having the tools needed to complete the job successfully. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and building relationships with the guests.
I learned from GM that a great manager doesn't demand respect but command it. He was amazing to watch. He knew everyone of the assoc names and the names of all the family members names. He would go from department to department thanking them for everything they do
Pros
the gm, he has since become my mentor
I enjoyed working there as A Banquet Captain and learned a lot to use in the future
Pros
great management
Cons
none really