Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Peoria, IL

Great place to work great people great corporate company cates about their employees makes work enjoyable ! Get yo meet new people everyday they treat you with respect
As a housekeeping assistant I fetched supplies for guests and the room cleaners. My day to day duties were to load up towels, shampoo, or bibles on the squeakiest screeching carts known to man up and down the elevators.
Pros
$10.00 an hour before the min wage increase
Cons
No raises, literally ever, poor work culture
Beautiful hotel to work at. When it was a Marriott they took real good care of their people and longevity. Good benefits such as medical and 401k if your looking to move up
Pros
Long hours and being short staffed
Cons
Easy to move up the latter
I live this employer and they do such a great job and satisfying their customers and they have a friendly environment and they have a very high standard of customer satisfaction
Maybe it was just this Marriott in particular. It was the pier Marquette Marriott downtown Peoria, il. They were very unfair and the management is always the worst no matter how many they went through. They will never move you up I was there for 6 years and never made a ounce of more money than the day I started. I would never recommend working at this hotel.
Marriott has great benefits and great management. There are many opportunities to advance in your career and several locations all over the world. This company continues to grow so the opportunities are endless.
Excellent place to work just a lot of high school drama and gossip. Management is great for listening but do not like to get their hands dirty to address issues. All in all this hotel is a wonderful place to work and has wonderful advancement options.
Springhill Suites was an OK place to work at long hours not enough staff. Hotel manager was a great guy Enjoyed working with him while I was there not sure if I would return
Overall the hotel has been a very busy environment to work. Sell outs and corporate management company changes have led to an even faster paced environment. There is a lot of positive to be said however, in that the staff really do give their all every day. And no guest is left unaccounted for.
Pros
Good employees and employee relations
Cons
Work/personal life balance
If you love customer service. this job is for you! I worked the front desk and was in charge of Check ins, guest responses and training. I typically worked mornings and sometimes nights.
Pros
Employees are great
Cons
Busy Evenings
Ok friendly and out going steady pace but can be busy. Friendly staff n workers usually get to do fun things together along as they all work as a team.
I felt the job was too much. i had begin to get pains in my back an neck and the lunches was not worth eating.it was alot of negative attitudes
good place to work with great management. Co workers were very helpful and supportive. Management was there to help you grow personally and professionally which was a great asset about the job.
Pros
health insurance provided after about 6 months
Cons
working with no or short breaks in between
Management is filled with unqualified candidates. The company is disorganized. The management is disrespectful. I do not advise working there. If you do, work in a position where you won't have to deal with a lot of others. Pay isn't bad, but job is stressful and mismanaged.
Pros
pay
Cons
disorganization
A typical day at work would be coming in and counting the drawer, making the call arounds, printing out all the reports, making sure everyone is checked out, check flight schedules, check shuttle schedules, check in early check ins, look over special requests, transfer callers to other extensions, restock the market and refresh coffee. I learned a lot about the hotel life and how it actually functions. Management was not the best. They promise you one thing with your schedules and then they don't go through with it. They will change your schedule for the week and not even tell you. You won't know what you are working unless you look every single time you go into work. They fire you because you tell them you have a 6 month old daughter and need a more set schedule. The general manager is just plain rude. If you ask her any kind of question she will act like you are the most incapable, dumbest person ever and literally walk around with her nose up in the air. The hardest part of my job was trying to remain happy in these circumstances. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the new people that came to stay at the hotel.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
poor management
When I was first interviewed for this position I was promised so many thing like a raise in 6 months, advancement into a higher position in 6 months, and a full 40 paycheck each week. It all started out fine but as time has gone on this particular property has left a bad taste in my mouth with the Marriott brand as a cook. I am just barely getting 32 hours weekly and I was hired for the full time. The pay that I accepted was not nearly what I wanted but I took in on the faith that I would get a raise in 6months. Well when 6 months had passed had asked when I would be seeing that increase and was then informed that the HR department decided not to follow through on that promise. The quality of the food products have made a slow decline since our initial opening in June 2013. Yet we have raised the menu prices TWICE and give smaller portion sizes. None of the management seems to know what they are doing this place is going down hill fast and I want out.
I hated working here. I didnt like cleaning up other peoples mess. It seemed like people would leave their room extra dirty just for housekeeping to clean
Everyone would welcome you with a smile. You knew what was going on and what needed to be done for the day. Learning the ins and outs of hospitality. Management was always available to you even if it was a phone call away. The hotel was always busy but when you had to walk someone to a different property that could get difficult didn't happen to often but was difficult when needed to be done. There was wonderful teamwork if you need a break of help your co-workers were there to give that helping hand.
Pros
employment awards, recognition, hotel discounts
Cons
raises could have been given out more.