Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

A fast paced environment where everyone is working to provide guests with the most welcoming stay. Everyone is goal focused and always professional when it comes to working for Marriott.
Pay & benefitsThe pay for at Marriott International is on the lower end in the hospitality industry but the benefits are amazing. If you are looking for a job with great overall benefits this is a good place to go to.
In most cases Marriott Corporation is a wonderful place to work, It’s easy to transfer from one location to another, I’ve transferred three different times and across state lines
Benefits
Cons
A lot of youth in the management positions
I worked at the Ritz-Carlton for several years in upper management. They claim to have really high standards, which I was thrilled to be part of, but little by little, the shine wore off. Many people did not adhere to the credo. I was bullied and treated poorly by people who should have been helping me handle a heavy workload. Some of the people were a joy to work with and belonged at the Ritz-Carlton, but way too many were just there to do as little as possible to get by.
Pros
Location, pay.
Cons
Very heavy workload, tolerated bullying culture and sloppy people/work.
I oversee all of culinary the stewarding department the banquet department kitchen the associate dining, in room dining offsite catering, payroll food cost labor cost and controllable costs. Forecasting and budgeting I write all the menus for the hotel for banquets and the province restaurant. I oversee a group of 25 associates and two managers
The only thing i didn't like is that we all had to share laundry, um i thought they should have a laundry person fold laundry, not us who work the front counter. I guess they were trying to save money. It wasn't a actual Marriott it was Fairfield Inn by Marriott.
Working with lots of other people from different backgrounds, and along with guest have been the best experience. What I’ve learned from the years working was that it always best to achieve and set goals.
My coworkers have all be friendly and easy to work with. Management has always shown concern and recognition when necessary. Guest interactions and local events make everyday feel different. Working in hospitality, especially as a shuttle driver has given me the opportunity to meet and interact with people I otherwise wouldn't have. The level of exposure to people from all walks of life has made me more social and confident in who I am and what I can provide for others. I've definitely had a very positive experience working for Marriott.
I formally worked for Starwood Resorts and Hotels when it was taken over by MARRIOT. The transition was awful nobody knew anything. We lost vacation and sick pay, we were not paid for Holidays we asked for. Our managers were no help cause they didnt know what the process was. I gave it almost 3 years to get it all figured out, moving on. Ive found that Marriott is all about the profit and not about their employees at all. I worked in the culinary dept where if somebody quit they were never replaced, everyone else would just get more work to do. When I left there were only 6 cooks all day left for the entire Hotel thats including room service, restaurant , banquets and cafeteria food for Employees.
Hours vary day to day not a set schedule, difficult to plan ahead without knowing your hours you are scheduled to work. It is rare to work a full 40 hours a week.
it is a great company and it would take me a lot to leave , I spend most of my day with people what throughout the years became my second family. my hours vary as business demands
It was very hard to make decent money because they would often make you work up to ten hours in the middle of summer when they had big events. We would have to close everything up and we barely got brakes when it was busy. Although when it was slow they would cut you immediately. They had a way of working you to the bone but cutting you off so you had no hours. Overall it was not a great workplace. Although the Marriott company has a very good workplace structure.
Pros
job structure, fair rules
Cons
horrible pay, bad upper management, no work to life balance, take advantage of workers
their attendance policies need to change and more parking for employees. the chef take them self way to seriously. and expect to be written up a lot, like for going to the bathroom at the wrong time or something dumb like that.
Pros
nice proprty
Cons
bad managment
First job out of school, learned a lot about working for a big company, how day-to-day works at large company. Management was great, culture was great.
Great money for someone just out of high school, you will make no money of you are lazy and un motivated. Heavy tip based job. Poor management, intemdent for long term temporary jobs.
Pros
Free lunch, hotel benefits, occasional free banquet food
Cons
Morning shifts commonly don't get breaks if too busy.
The days are average and they gave me suggestions on what do to make my working experience easier ,the manager was the kindest most supportive person I've had known overall it was good except that there should've been one individual other than me to support my health and wellbeing.
Pros
Raffles, other
Cons
Not to be so pushy about days off or requests
A very fun team to work with. Helped me build connections with the marriot team. They helped me build skills that I didn’t need I know. Would easily recommend this job.
Pros
Entertaining, people
Cons
Pay
I worked on the Overnight shift at the Marriott and it seems that they will accept any Supervisor that shows interest for this shift. The Core values aren't upheld by the Overnight Supervisors. Shame on them
Great benefits enjoyed the hotel perks and the CEO is amazing Mr Bob Marriott is the real deal,i enjoyed giving him amazing pedicures for years! Thank you for teaching me the value to give a great service!
Pros
Staff/Team culture/Great food/Hotel Perks
Cons
Seasonal Job
jw Marriott desert ridge its great place to work for and i love my job and i love what i do and the coworkers easy to work with and great management
This job was by far my favorite I loved interacting with other guests and being able to communicate and work with my whole staff in and calm environment