Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Pleasanton, CA

The application process was a bit lengthy, but once in i have been able to grow tremendously in my current position. I have a great executive chef and General Manager who have supported my training and growth as a manager. I've received many opportunities working here.
my coworkers are family. We work together. I love getting repeat customers where you see them and already starting there quad expresso saying hey JR
Pros
flexible, advancement, close to home
Cons
occasional rude guest smile and try n make it right
The Director of Sales was not very professional and managed the department poorly. That is why I left there. I loved working for Marriott Hotel, but not in that Sales & Catering Dept.
Pros
Great Company to work for... Marriott
Cons
Poor Management
I was in a department full of females as I am a male. This was no concern for me as I just stuck to doing my job never much minding my coworkers. They had an issue with my work ethic and I would end up in trouble for things they were doing themselves or things that shouldn't have been done and the supervisor whom was also a female did not help my case but made it worse. I was basically a male trapped in a sexist situation and I chose to leave and find employment elsewhere.
Pros
Very friendly staff and accommadating company
Cons
Need to be more open minded and aware of whats going on in there departments
great benefits paid Vacation and time off Fast tempo requires lot of hard work at times but easy to manage good staff gm is good to work rewarding being able to mentor and train employee and prepare them for the roles of responsibility and gain the respect and motivation needed
Pros
free lunch
Cons
n/a
the people, environment, plus energy and how welcoming they are once you enter to check-in to the hospitality. the kitchen management is always on top of handling business keeping everything settle when times get hectic.
Pros : Free Meal, Employee Recognition Awards, Good Job Performance Incentives, Supportive Management / Open Door Policy, etc.. Cons: "Toxic" Work Environment created largely by demoralized, hostile, insecure and unhappy associates with bad attitude who appear to let personal / non-work & work related issues interfere with their interaction with other employees and customers. Also, low pay (due to the location) and lack of adequate supplies and old / broken equipment that tend to hinder task performance, are other negatives of this newly renovated and beautifully appointed hotel!