Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Raleigh, NC

Raleigh, NC47 reviews
Marriott itself is a great company to work for. If you go to work at a Marriott, make sure that the management company itself is a good company to work for in your area. The company that manages that property can be horrible to work for even if it is under the Marriott flag. If you can work at a Corporately Managed Marriott, go for it!
Pros
Great Benefits, Great support
Cons
Working with difficult guests can be challenging
Good work to life balance and nice coworkers as well. Management knows what they are doing as well which helps in busy days. Everyone is respectful to each other.
During the four years of working with the Marriott company, I myself enjoyed meeting and helping all the guests and the venue's the the hotel and staff served.
Pros
Great schedule, excellent benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
The culture is vibrant!! I felt proud to work here. Guests come in all shapes and sizes, largely due to the Convention center. Corporate business is heavy thru the week, with several meetings almost all year round.
Social events such as sports, comic conventions, music festivals, Weddings, reunions enjoy the downtown area packed full with bars and restaurants. The front desk stations stay full due to the wide range of business. The restaurant RYE stays busiest during the evenings with corporate travelers Mon thru Thur. Whereas, leisure guests including locals attend RYE Fri thru Sun. mornings.

Overall, the entire hotel stays busy besides some summer weeks and the 3rd week of Dec. This offers a unique opportunity for anyone. They take good care of their staff.

Be prepared to be busy and learn a lot!
Pros
Cafeteria lunch, great staff, they promote from within, good pay
Cons
Benefits constantly changing, pay to park due to location being owned by the city, heavy traffic, road closures during big events
Good benefits and Management. I worked for some great managers at Marriott. It was truly a pleasure working for managers that truly cared about how you were doing.
Benefits
Cons
work life balance
It’s a good place to work. It can be very busy when there are events taking place, but overall safe friendly work environment. The benefits are great for employees as well as friends and family.
Good company, worked for them for a while. Great people to work with and flexible schedules. Management is very accommodating to your needs. There is always opportunities to grow
It was a fun environment, that offer great benefits and lasting friendships. Management was very hard to deal with, as a nothing was ever good enough.
They expect everything, give nothing. Cliques, rumors and favoritism. Snitches and uneducated a** grabbing perverts is the only kind of advancement they offer.
Pros
When I leave
Cons
Leadership, communication, filthy
A typical night at the marriot consists of setting up the bar and dealing ith hotel guests. As a bartender I was often the sole employee responsible for interacting anf taking care of the guests late at night which could get stressful depending on how busy we are.
A typical work day was to park cars and to retrieve cars. I also gave directions to customers who was not from town. Work days could be long and will be on your feet for a long period of time.
It's a great company in it's core and offers a great environment for all different ethnicities. Has a great Growth Potential and Learning Opportunities available.
By far the best management team put together that I've worked for. Staff was welcoming upon arrival, and more like family at my departure. Greatly missed this place. Sad building went under new management, and having an ailing grandmother in law, I could no longer remain with this company. BUt I will say it is a great location, and I wish the new management team well
There are busy times, and slow times. Management wise i have learned how to deal with the associates i work with and have learned how to do a schedule, write ups etc.
the job was a good place to work but management needs to be revamped. The co workers stuck together and made the job a fun place to be. Unity among co workers. executive team was not great
Non-stressful job, I do not have any real complaints, I wish our lunch breaks were longer than 30min. I wish I did not have to work every weekend. Working every other weekend would have been great.
The pay could be better cost of living has gone up so should pay. The hardest part of the job is sometimes dealing guests being rude. the management is good
Typical banquet set-up for all clients.

Day to day operations consisted of breakfast and lunch meetings. Tend to clients to ensure all requests are being honored.
The hotel was very busy and the management team was very supportive of the teams efforts. The hotel was well kept and did a great job attracting talent. I was challenged and felt that my ideas were heard. If there was growth opportunities I would have stayed.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
All Marriott hotels in this area are franchised, so we are following Marriott standards as well as the management company's standards. This hotel has just about 400 rooms and a very small meeting space so a lot of the large groups will take place next door at the Convention center.
Pros
location
Cons
The pay, for the are is a little low
I was lied to about my hours, job duties, and compensation. Every day I worked was dangerous because of inadequate security. Wasn't provided the tools nessacary to do a good job. Poorly ran
Pros
Relaxed enviroment
Cons
terrible management, bad property, dangerous