Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Remote

Remote10 reviews
I have worked for both Marriott franchise and corporate divisions for more than 20 years and it's by far the best hotel organization. I have always been proud to work for Marriott and found that my experience transfers to other industries as well.
My department unfortunately no longer exists because of the Coronavirus pandemic. I enjoyed my time at Marriott even though the work itself wasn't very challenging or something I was super passionate about. I was able to prioritize work/life balance while working a good job for a decent salary with very little stress. Hopefully the company and hospitality industry will be able to turn things around in the next year or two after the pandemic is under control.
Pros
Remote work, great team/coworkers, good hotel discounts
Cons
Too many inefficient processes
Love working for Marriott. Great atmosphere and leadership very helpful in moving you up the ladder. There is a reason people hav e made this company their whole career.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Usual hospitality pay range
Your words don't mean nothing. Slavery, for the pay. Rude HR team and does not care about your unethical rude experience from untrained core mgrs. All they care about is average call volume and there monthly bonuses. Don't care about the facts or concerns of the guest reasons for calling. ACV should not base on your amount of monthly bonus at all.Don't even waste your time reporting anything to corporate. Its just a big waste of your time.No one cares or responded.The so call guarantee fair treatment act line is fake. No follow up or any response to your GFTs at all.Save your breathe and inner spirit. Just search for more well paying career and move on.Your efforts and strong work ethics putted in, don't count at all. Avoid this company call centers. Save yourself the wasted time of your life.Don't settle for less, if you know for a fact, you deserve the best.
Pros
Nope, you provide your own lunch. 30 mins only depends on your amount of hours worked.
Cons
15minutes break if worked over 4hrs.
Feels like a family. Fun place go work. Every day is different. Lots of support. Before Covid-19, I thought I would retire from Marriott. Hopefully people will start traveling again.
Pros
great co workers
Operational sound and process-driven. There is a job aid for everything that could possibly need to have, including breaks time instructions. Very cillo'ed environment and management is not really interested in new ideas or opinions. No clear path for growth and development. There are extensive opportunities... just no one is able to provide any insight. Human Resources makes all of the decisions. very slow to move. Constant re-orgs and having to re-apply for your job. Often times the new positions will be graded lower and the pay is reduced as a result.
Very busy two years, but also great group of people. Former company bought out by Marriott and we were kept on until the Starwood hotels were fully integrated with Marriott.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Short staffed
It’s a great company with lots of room to grow. Unfortunately they do not have many remote job opportunities therefore I am looking for a different company to work for.
Starwood corporate was constantly evolving its policies to align with the current job market and demands of new generations entering the workplace. It offered flexible work from home options for applicable roles, and a competitive salary.
Pros
flexibility, leadership
Cons
healthcare benefits
This job allowed me to manage my time, oversee myself, run the logistics for a broker firm for two states, keep track and execute sales, invoices, purchase orders, communications, shipping and receiving, storage of dry and frozen goods, inventory, filing, A/R, A/P, balancing of finances, developing new sales sheets for new products, and continuous moral of sales staff.
Pros
Work from home, so my commute was mere minutes.
Cons
Company is now out of business.