Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Richmond, VA

Richmond, VA71 reviews
We work hard every day in the hot desert sun, but the atmosphere is fun and challenging. We are compensated very appropriately and the management team really does a great job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Marriott is truly a company that cares for their associates. It has been a pleasure to work with them for 17 years as both an individual contributor and a leader.
Working in a hotel bar was a great experience and I loved working for Marriott. I got to meet the most interesting people and the bar closes earlier than other bars.
Great team work and fun environment to be in. Customer service is Awesome and team work is outstanding.. great place to work for. Come join the team. We rock
I clean hotel rooms. Some days I have up to twenty-two rooms to clean and i cannot leave until the work is done so some days are longer than others. The manager is kind though.
Valet is outdoors so prepare to be cold in the winters and hot in the summers. The pay isn't great and you share tips at the end of the shift. Just know how to drive a car safely and you'll do fine.
Busy work day from beginning to the end. A lot of work to be done depending on the type of day as well as business. A lot of different outlets to manage and be in control of. Lack of staff, and help from management. A lot of unwanted stress for a work day. Good Luck.
This company expects their employees to work themselves to death. I worked 50 hours a week on average and made about 11/hour (both tips and hourly pay combined). I often worked 12 hours straight without having any time to eat or even drink. Most management is unproffesional and gossips about employees to otheremployees.
The Marriott I worked for was going through a difficult time with the Management company for that property. Since I have left employment there the management company has changed.
Pros
Loved the people I worked with on a day to day bases.
Cons
One Manager thought the rules did not apply to her. She no longer works for the company.
I enjoy working there. Ive learned how to make beds there way. Its different.The hardest part is driving all the way out there. The most enjoyable part is cleaning the rooms.
I loved working in the restaurant but management sucked. Usual days are pretty busy but it makes time go by fast. Management tends to put workers against each other. Management picks who they want to advance.
Pros
Pay, benefits of full time
Cons
The only complaint would be with my direct supervisor. Promoted based off race rather than qualifications, she was a terror to work under and was very biased and racist towards any employee who was Caucasian.
food a d beverage manager is racist. He's always late for work and when he do arrives he has an attitude. Good place poor management . Its ok for students
Pros
Great benifits. Tips
Cons
No breaks, mangement, working hours
Working here was a great thing. I liked the fast-paced atmosphere, the friendly team that I was apart of, the manager's ability to give people kudos for their hard work and effort.
If you like to meet people from different walks of life, then this is the job for you. The pay isn't great, but what a fun place to work. Plenty of hours of overtime.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The apy isn'r the best
It was great! Taking care of guests was always my pleasure. I enjoyed my short stay at this beautiful edifice. I believe that the hotel has the best staff and is very well run. I appreciate my experience there.
It's an okay place to work and although I have never been a guest there, I assume it was a decent place considering every significant politician in the state stays there when in town
All new employees must be hired by HR department, which takes a month: good luck staffing your department. P.O.S. system is MICROS. No IT on site at all. Ownership is squeezing every last dime out of property while delaying renovation as long as possible.
Pros
Good leadership
Cons
Bad ownership
I enjoyed my time there and the staff was fairly easy to get along with. I very much enjoyed my job but sales and marketing can be overbearing. Honestly the guests were the most difficult part to deal with. Very rude most days.
The Marriott is a good company tp work for when there is work available. As of today I have not worked there in a month and I am still currently an employee .
Pros
free food and i have time to do all of the tings that my kids need done
Cons
Money
Working with this company was a great experience. I only wished that they paid more. I felt very welcome and a part of the team. Great work environment with fun loving people.
Pros
Free lunch, fun work activities
Cons
Our lunch break wasn't long enough