Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in San Antonio, TX

most days are simple same old same old, offers great overtime on busy week/months. Management always ready to teach those who are showing strong effort, passion & drive. work culture is enjoyable communication is key. the hardest part is in laundry most days start to blind together as you are in the back. most enjoyable is that management is always making sure im/us/team mentally okay
Pros
great team
Cons
days blind (no real cons)
if you are motivated you can upgrade to higher positions rather quickly, you are given the opportunity to prove yourself and get promoted. Inclusive culture, good benefits. As with most major employers could be some office politics and favoritism floating around
Pros
plenty of work, inclusive culture
Cons
Office politics as most large employers
One of the best companies to work for. A lot of opportunities for growth. Management wants you to succeed! They handled the pandemic gracefully, and worked hard to make sure that staff was taken care of.
Pros
Cheap lunch on site, great benefits, fair wages.
Cons
None!
Marriott International puts us the workers first ...the thought is if the workers are happy the joy will be contagious & will carry over to the guest .and i believe true happiness radiates differently than manufactured mechanicle kindness..... real joy will just flow naturally ....when I ask ia guest is there anything else I can do for you? I mean it, I want to do more for them. Or we would say thanks for choosing Residence Inn ..ment that too.we are a team ...building each other sopporting each other. team = family
Pros
Genuinely care about you. move up from inside the ranks
Cons
only 24 hrs in a day....
Sad that the center is closing. It was an awesome experience. Due to COVID 19 the center is going to permanently close. Best job the I have ever had.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes systems didn’t work
It was a good place to worl at. Meeting new people and trying some new was really fun. Working there taught me a lot and making new friends. I definitely recommend, you need a job you SHOULD WORK HERE .!
One of the better companies i have worked for, they look out for the employee more often than most other companies, plus travel benefits was always a plus
Wonderful company they take good care of their employees. Hotel discounts are a great perk to have when traveling on your own time. There are so many Marriott you can always find a place to stay for cheap
Good benefits The direction constantly changes and you are not always brought up to speed. Communication of what is expected needs to be better. You can do exceptional during a quarter but if you do not exceed the following qtr they are quick to release you.
Pros
Discount travel
Cons
24/7 work
Tough times during Covid. Policies are changing often. Nice to be able to work remotely. Nice management, try to help you out with crises. Overall good place.
They are very good at making it easy to request days off and are more than happy to work with you so you can balance out your work life. Even if the hotel is busy, they will work with you to the best of their abilities.
I got to meet a lot of interesting people / both co workers and guest. No two days were alike. It was a really good job that I would do all over again.
Pros
No micro managers, employee recognition
Cons
Pay could be better, shift work (includes too many weekends)
Great place to work. Many opportunities to branch out in any department you are interested in. You can transfer to any property in the world. Discounts in rooms are great.
The benefits are amazing, work life balance is there. Management had its ups and downs but what job doesn’t working in summer was great too. Overall great place to work,
awesome management, great benefits medical and retirement, great training, caring company, great employee discounts, crossed trained, yearly raises,,,
I liked the company just feel like there was favorites there. The day goes by fast. But work environment everyone helps you if u need it the help. Love the employees
Marriott has a strong, family culture of putting people first. I enjoy going to work everyday, i feel respected, I feel challenged and I feel valued and my leaders actively work to help me advance my career.
The only nice thing I have to say about working at the Marriott is I really enjoyed some of the guests and some of my coworkers. The management was bad, and didn't care about their employees.
Great company to work . Fastest growing in hospitality. Lots of opportunities for growth and many locations to choose from . Fair and great diversity.
They are supportive and understanding of real people. A organized, family friendly, guest focused, community oriented business! Somewhere you really want to go to work!
I would love to discuss in person and have only good things to say about Marriott International, The company is great and when business is good so is work.