Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in San Diego, CA

San Diego, CA159 reviews
This is the 4th property I have worked at and each is unique. A lot of local pharma business at this hotel so not a lot of family business like I have experienced at the other hotels that I worked at. La Jolla UTC area has many restaurants and shopping areas which are essential for when a quick purchase is necessary. A lot of the hourly staff have been here many years so it feels like family.
Pros
Free meals, free laundry, learn from different areas
Cons
Some long hour days and nights
a very busy hotel and with lots of learning opportunities, hard work on busy days but good location for tips, various outlets where you can work as a server.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
had to pay for parking
working for marriott depends on the property, at mine leadership is great. They truly have the spirit of marriott presented to you since day one. Good pay
Pros
free lunch, good pay
Cons
hard to get promotions on your property, you have to move around
In my short time at Marriott, I can say so far this is one of the better companies I’ve worked at. They truly value employees, which makes me that much more motivated to do a good job at work.
Worked for this company 20 years, they terminated all employees on August 27 with no intervention of rehire. They were not paying any money to the employee's due to the fact all were on unemployment.This company also received government help bur do not know what they used the money for.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no healthcare
The atmosphere during work was very reliant on the type of customers and the business of the day. As with all customer service jobs, the type of customer can make or break the day. In my experience, the front desk team was very amicable and forthcoming to new members, but it was difficult to find positions for advancement.
Pros
Free food during break
Cons
Demanding culture
Marriott international is a good company. The Sheraton hotel and marina was not so great. It seemed management was always battling the employees. Managers enjoyed writing up employees who do there job, it was strange.
Destaque bien en el puesto donde estaba aprendi rapido todo sobre la lavanderia sobre lavar planchar y doblar las cosas
I had the ability to work from home, which helped my personally life immensely. Management was very "hands off" so it allowed me to excel in my own way using my personality to my benefit. What I learned while working to be a self starter and self motivated as I worked from home with little direction. The Hardest part of the job was the lack of social interaction as I thrive in an office setting and feed of the energy of an office.
They completely suck, worst management team I have ever worked for. Worked in the hospitality industry for over 20 years, never experienced so many unhappy workers in my life.
Cons
Like I said, good benefits but management its really bad. They don’t protect there employees they will fired you to keep a guest happy. On the benefits side I think there are on off the best company
The best company I have ever worked for. From Day 1 I was welcomes to the company. They constantly go above and beyond to make their employees feel like family. Highly recommended working for Marriott.
Excellent company. Continual training regarding product knowledge, computer technology, customer service, interaction with others and opportunity to grow with the company. I highly recommend this company especially in the industry that I was participating in.
Aprende de mucho de mantenimiento to y sigo en constante aprendizaje
I have been working for Marriott for almost 15yrs. Good place to work at, good benefits. Diversity is big, awesome place to meet new people & cultures.
The most enjoyable part of working there was having coworkers and supervisors that care for you. Every morning consisted of a short meeting to help us be better employees.
Very respectful Corporation and help employees to grow up and get a lot of information and provide very good training to get you succeeded in your work
Company is not inclusive. Bad experience with managers. Terrible for trans people; no gender neutral restrooms. People don't respect you or treat you seriously.
This company didn't care about the employees. I learned a lot In the accounting field as well as to show empathy to the customers. The hardest part of the job was not being able to move up within the company.
Work environment was great and everyone got along so well, I learned a lot from this company fell in love with the hospitality Industry, Thanks Marriott!
Never enough time in the day. Politics and favoritism is a huge issue. No longer is it about taking care of the guest it is about MONEY. Managers have no empowerment. Hotels are run understaffed adding stress for all.