Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Hotel Sales is both demanding and fulfilling. There is a lot of time spent engaging and earning client trust, and educating yourself while educating them. It can be stressful at times, but always rewarding in the end.
Recommend working for marriott Great trading Easy to transfer to other marriotts Easy to move up the corporate ladder Is you choose Company stocks Profit sharing Medical benefits
food & beverage director is a great guy and has gotten me on some nice gigs. flexible hours. fun people and events. Beautiful historic building to work in.
Typical day at work would involve daily meetings with all the hotel departments and we would talk about our daily goal for the day followed by a game of some sort for interaction with our other employees that we do not see daily.
I love working for Marriott! The benefits are great & the low prices on hotels with a variety of options is amazing! The only thing I would change is new management, they consistently change them so it causes dysfunction.
Pros
Health benefits & discounted rooms world wide
Cons
Constantly having new managers & management not being consistent.
I worked at the front desk, for all hours. Overnight, AM and PM. During the time I worked at the Five Star Hotel, we were full staff, but I was asked to move to the Overnight. I learned a lot, but I had no day life or night life. I had to also work 10+ hours per shift, money was great but I was always working. Perks are awesome, the pay was good and the benefits wasn't that bad.
Working at this company will give you good benefits, however the blood, sweat and tears that go into this job made it not worth my time. There's almost a slavery mentality that goes along with the seniority culture that is there. The union has bred an entire generation of laziness. And if you value your work ethic or are new to the company and low on the totem pole that means YOU will have to pick up their slack. Supervisors and management just go along with it because making employees accountable is too much involvement for their taste. My advice is to find a more respectable airline in order to receive the same, if not better benefits without the politics.
almost 90% of the management and employees are customer service expert, great team player and works treat each other like family, Outings, treats, programs that management prepares for employees help with the conservation and profit along with employees earn extra income on top of their salary. great managers, help and supportive with employees' desire for promotion. great health benefits
1, Welcomed guests and accommodated them effectively and politely. 2, Prepared tables for service, including setting up items such as napkins, utensils, and glassware. 3, Team working together. Thank you Marriott Hotel gives me such a wonderful work experience.
Show up with a smile, do my job the way I should and how I would want to be treated. Make everyone happy and welcomed and show that I want to be there everyday to assist and put a smile on everyone's face.
Overall a great place to work. Busy depending on booking from sales department. Very busy on the high season and slow in the summer time. After holiday seasons are slow.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Busyness very dependable on companies around the area, most of the times.
marriott isn't a bad company to work for its just this hotel and the executive committee. the leadership doesn't care about fostering a team work environment or creating a support system for middle management to grow and advance.
Pros
Cons
executive management
Overall good environment. GM was a bit autocratic in approach and leadership. Other department heads were professional and had a clear understanding of their roles.
Loved all the skills I learned and the Leads were great! I was lightweight sad when the strike was over but happy that the permanent employees got what they deserved and got back to work!
This is an excellent company to work for. They offer many different career choices as well as oppurtunities in other states and countries. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a great career.
Pros
Discounted Rooms
Cons
Short breaks
I was working for the Starwood before Marriott bought out the brand. Under the Starwood brand work was more comfortable. Your managers tended to care, rooms were ready, we had enough facilities to call ourselves a luxury property. After the messy merger with Marriott we lost a lot of departments and prices from rooms to restaurants raised to ridiculous amounts. It became embarrassing to offer a guest a standard room that had a view of a brick wall for around 300-400 a night. Transitioning over to a new computer system was lack lust and very confusing when your own Management team has no idea on what works and how to use it. Before Marriott working for the Starwood brand was amazing we treat our guest like family instead of a number
Pros
pay, union, Pto, benefits
Cons
under staffed, work hours, management, Pricing, work/life balance
Marriot as a company is a great well managed employer. I especially enjoyed working for the Ritz Carlton. However working for the W hotel brand has left a bad taste in my mouth, with an overall lack of passion from the union talent and a weak executive committee the hotel left much potential to be desired.
Pros
The Ritz Carlton
Cons
W Hotels
Un buen trabajo ,buen hambiente, y me gusta hacer una trabajo impecable,para los nuevos huéspedes
Pros
Buenos beneficios
Cons
Ninguno
If you like working in a fast paced environment, Marriott hotels is for you. Fun, exciting, Hotel discounts, many different advancement opportunities.
Pros
Fun, advancement opportunities, paid time off, health and dental plan, hotel discounts
Cons
Stressful at times
Im here for the benefits. Management is never around and totally uninvolved which can be nice, but there is no consistency or standards. We are rebranding soon, maybe all of this will change
Marriott is the largest Hospitality company. They have good strong foundation on running the business. Good strong culture. Very clear on policy. Strict
Pros
Largest hospitality company
Cons
Too large.