Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in San Ramon, CA

For once in my life, I love coming to work! My whole team is amazing and everyone helps each other out. Everyday is different but fun. I love meeting different guests from all over the world. Best decision I ever made working for Marriott!
The Marriott knows how to treat their employees the right way. They are very friendly and are all about their guests and their employees. Love the Marriott.
Pros
Cons
Non
For many years this job was a great place to work. Overall team work was conducive to making this job very satisfying. Changes in supervisors was the most difficult part of the job and sometimes you'd wonder why certain people were moved in management positions. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Good team atmosphere
Cons
People who didn't do their jobs
Their core values make them who they are. As they change and grow, the beliefs that are most important to them stay the same—putting people first, pursuing excellence, embracing change, acting with integrity and serving their world. Being part of Marriott International means being part of a proud history and a thriving culture
loved working here very fast paced , team spirited and customer ready management exceeded my approval I really loved this position the pay was sufficient and the hours were great
Everyday is a new thing, At first it might feel like your in high school due to all the different ethnicity but at the end of the day your making a friend that you thought you would ever makes friends in your life time. You'll learn something new everyday were you know you sever from your right and pick up from your left and never pour water from above the head but around. Mangers you know their always mean well some are but i have the best supervisor name Kelley and Dave and i couldn't ask for better one, but overall at the end of the day is cleaning up and saying goodbye to everyone at 1am but sometimes your happy your leaving so you just say hello to your bed
Pros
music to get us in that happy mood
Cons
free lunches
Responsible for operating switchboard equipment to communicate incoming, outgoing and interoffice calls. Welcome guests on arrival and provide information regarding availability, room types, and room rates. Provide information regarding hotel policies and activities in response to queries both on the phone and in person. Assisted guests with luggage to their rooms, communicating specific guest requests accurately to all relevant departments. Ensured consistency of food and beverage services throughout the event, addressed customer needs promptly.
I had the privilege to meet many great people both as guest and coworkers. The benefits and discounts are fantastic.
Pros
Good benifits and corporate discounts
Cons
Incentive to move up as supervisor could be better
The moment you arrive on shift at 6:30am high stress lots of action until 11am then job slows way down till about 2:30-3pm. Really didnt like that, had to find a way to keep busy. Cleaned the drive and front of hotel area. The hotel is located in a business park so most of the guests were Chevron world headquarter employees. the days i really enjoyed would be the days we held events in our massive ballrooms. those days you would be busy your entire shift and it was fun. Drove many hundred thousand dollar vehicles and the tips were good.
Pros
had eating area with good food at low cost, drove really expensive vehicles and tips were good.
Cons
Had to work 1 year as a full time employee before you could recieve full benefits, pay was very low for the work provided and training was really none exictent.
Many different areas you can work in if looking to do something different. This company empowers you to make decisions and provides extraordinary guest service. Flexibility to work in different departments.
Pros
fun work enviornment and employee benefits
Cons
low pay for type of work
I learned how to cook breakfast to serve guest. I used to get there 5am and cook breakfast to start serving at 6am. I also worked as waitress whenever people called in sick. I used to work as a front desk clerk as well in the nights. I really like it there because I was able to meet people from different cultures, places, states and learned a little bit with each one of them.
Pros
they used to takes us to chevy's for christmas.
Cons
it was only weekends the cooking and whenever someone called in sick to work in th the front desk