Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Savannah, GA

Night Auditor position is pretty cool. I've gotten to meet some interesting people and the perks are great (discounts). The hours are 11 pm - 7 am so that can be tough at times. Overall very solid.
I worked here as a housekeeper. The pay is very low and they don't want to pay housekeepers anything. Very good hours BUT, you only get one day off a week. We are responsible for cleaning 25-35 rooms a day. That's ridiculous. You're always tired and burnout. Always short staff so other workers suffer because of it. These housekeepers work too hard to be getting paid what they get. Marriott needs to do better!!!
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Lunch breaks are only 30 minutes and the company doesn't pay for it.
Great flexible hours. Excellent company benefits.Nice interaction with fellow employees. Mangement is very accessible and will assist with any concerns that arise.
It was great working here. not only because of the money you can make there but most of our clientele, they would be in meetings for majority of the day so when they finally were released and able to let loose, we were there making them laugh, getting them feeling great and making sure they were having a great time after a long, tiring day.
Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotels or motels. Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation. Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers. Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or telephone switchboards. Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, guest registration, and travel directions, or make recommendations regarding shopping, dining, or entertainment.
it was horrible dirty work enviroment wit no care for workers. a lot of nonsense and hate no one held true to Mr. Marriots core values ran down and horri
Not so good supervisors. Let go for no reason but standing up for myself. I gave a lot to that Company during my short tenure. I liked my job. Never had any problems until they lied to me.
Pros
People
Cons
Supervisors
The rooms are perfect and it’s also a good place to Travel at as vacation or something. It’s big hotel with SPA good breakfast with Restaurant and Starbucks. I just didn’t like the stuff very disrespectful
I came to work for the Westin brand before the merger with Marriott. There was a high turnover in staff as well as management. This position allowed me the flexibility to have an income while building a clientele for my own business. I learned what not to do in the spa industry.
Pros
Lunch provided, travel discounts, reimbursement for CE, compensation=base rate+commission+gratuity
Cons
Hours were not steady, Excessive turnover in management, Would work you as much as they could get away with.
I have worked for Marriott about 10 years in all and believe my skills put me more in a managers position at this time I'm my career. But is not notice I am now trying to pursue that.
The upper management needs work. The pay and the amount of work you get is not fair. The hardest part of the job is relying on scores constantly that are slighted.
Pros
Free lunch or dinner
Cons
Long shifts no holidays off
Lovely place to work, I will love to come back.. Big Rooms Nice Guest.. Very Nice people.. Beautiful rooms Every one always have a smile on the Facebook, very help..
Everyone was weary of eachother, did not work with eachother, dog eat dog world, fend for yourself, watch your back, bad work environment all the way around no matter what department you worked in.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Worry about losing or job daily.
very good company with good benefits as a Marriott employee, but in the area of ​​work as a domestic employee, has a very bad administration of schedules, a slow response when unexpected happen with some guest, there is favoritism, very bad organization, I would not work again there, in that area of ​​work
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad organization
I don't think they handle disciplinary actions the right way. I was never given a handbook, background check, or drug screen when I was hired and now it is a safety concern for those hired behind me.
Cons
un paid 15-minute breaks
I loved my short time at the Marriott. The management was so sweet and considerate . Being a housekeeper can get tiring though having to drag the cart around from room to room floor to floor. I thought of it as exercise just have to make sure you eat and stay hydrated.
I enjoyed meeting lots of people and keeping up with all the tours and entertainment in Savannah. the other employees there were friendly and professional.
Pros
restaurant discounts, employee lunchroom
Cons
had to work holidays
I enjoy working with most of the people and guests. I would like more interaction with the groups and building relationships to make the sale, but my current position does not offer that. I would like to grow with the company, but does not seem to be an option at this time.
I like the job. The job is very easy and the guest's are kind. Its a very clean environment. They also give great benefits and discounts to their employees
Marriott International overall is a great employer, however, every property has a different atmosphere and work ethic. This property being the worst by far.
Pros
Employee discounted rooms
Cons
No breaks at all for Front Desk Agents on busy nights.
i work fast when its not very messy dedicated. people always told me im very mature even when i was young. and since i had my oldest i go in on my job not gonna let no one hold me back. just need someone to believe in me. and give me a chance.