Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Seattle, WA

Great place to work! Fantastic company! There are no boring days, everyday is different! The only drawback working in the operations end is that vacation days are our biggest work days :) It's not bad they pay fairly and the company really cares about it's employees.
Haven’t worked for the Marriott company too long. Was with Starwood much longer than Marriott before the merger. It’s much different than Starwood was.
Pros
It’s a large company to work for
Cons
It’s been a hard adjustment
Gossip in the office, felt like no space to grow and constantly was understaffed. Managers leave for long periods of time and are hard to contact during working hours. Doesn't feel like you are given the tools to succeed.
Pros
Free cafeteria lunches during certain hours
I'm sure this changes from property to property, but my team was a very close family. They always gave us feedback and taught the best practices for every kind of situation.
They will help u to grow in ur career and really enjoyed working cuz they nice and friendly and they care about the employee.... very nice bosses and friendly co workers
Horrible GM and then owner turned hotels over to his daughters and their husbands. The son in law I dealt with was arrogant, dismissive and simply weird. Taking me into his hotel room to discuss hotel business and mentioning his underwear. Uncomfortable at the best. GM surrounds himself with young gullible women, if you question anything...look out!
Corporate managed hotel are good to work for. Franchise hotels need to be checked carefully. Good training. Chances good for advancement. Managers are for the most part very helpful.
Whan I started my employment it was a Starwood Company then purchased by Marriott. The transition a fairly smooth. Good job security but advancement was was difficult. All others I was working with were great people however there were many managers that were constantly changing. The idea of embracing change was a healthy concept.
Starwood International owned Westin Hotel. When Marriott took over, quality and staffing declined. Level of products and services has suffered. I would keep my position, but we are unable to staff appropriately.
For myself, a union hotel is a lot different and less desirable place to manage associates. New laundry washers were purchased and did make it a lot better for hotel production.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, not appreciated, union
It was a very fun place to work at the manager are nice and understanding my coworkers were always helpful we would have our monthly lunch in to see how we approved
Front Desk Agent and Night Auditor 5/2011- 7/2013 – Hersha Hotels (Franchise Management) Springhill Suites & Residence Inn by Marriott, Williamsburg, VA Duties includes front desk operations AM, PM and Audit Shifts. Responsibilities includes registering guests, making reservations, preparing daily reports, balancing transactions. To problem solve and resolve guest issues that arise. Respond to emergency situations. Assist with group sales reservations. Ensures all charges of the day were posted to the appropriate guest folio.
I learn different culture,customs, even some words in different language, I' learn a lot very excited interesting, but the hard part about the job, we work as few peoples, it make us little tire.
I like the work with Marriott Company family. We have good management team and I have friendly co-workers. I'm dining room attendant at the hotel's restaurant and I work with best friends.
I honestly loved working for the Marriott. Everyone was a part of the greater good and helped each other with any task that needed to be done to guarantee client satisfaction
Pros
free lunches, always someone to help you
Cons
long hours...if something had to be done late, stay late
Easy job with a high turnaround. The options for advancement are there but they don't pay very much. Overall I would recommend this place of business.
The company offers great benefits but each hotel runs differently. I liked to stay busy and work with different departments and at full service that is not possible. The hardest thing is finding good management that works with the team and doesn't leave early or come in late every day. Since most managers are on salary the less they work it's better for them since their pay doesn't change.
working security at the Sheraton was a great experience. i made a lot of good friends and learned a lot about the hotel industry. attended a lot of special parties for myself and my family
It can be stressful ..management can be hit or miss depending on the issue.,definitely some favoritism..great pay and good benefits ..can be a catty environment
The compensation at this company is average, which can be said for all hospitality industries. Culture is good, and inspiring customer focused. Work-life balance is poor due to woking odd hours.
Pros
culture, discounted hotel rooms, meals
Cons
compensation, work-life balance
I have learned so much from working here. There are so many opportunities to grow. There is always something to challenge you but at the same time you have amazing support.
Pros
Many ways to grow
Cons
Too far from home