Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Solon, OH

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Marriott International, Inc. is careful to consider my life challenges and support my successes.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Marriott International, Inc. are fully able to care for me and my family.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Marriott International, Inc., I think that as you grow with Marriott and learn your job you are very secure. Only if you do not care to grow nd learn should you fear for your job. They are very supportive.ManagementIn general, managers at Marriott International, Inc. are seriously interested in their employees becoming the best at their positions, and progressing to new levels.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Marriott International, Inc. is always fruitful. We encourage each other in personal life and with work.OverallMy experience working at Marriott International, Inc. Has been a life expanding journey. It is an experience where my thirst for learning gets a good drink. I am curious, and that is encouraged. I like to serve and meet a challenge with an excellent solution. I love the pace and enjoy the emersion in hospitality. It is a dream job for me.
Got worse after the owner got greedy and bought starwood.More calls and now outsourcing to the Philippines?Way to go 👏I don't recommend if you want to learn and advance
Pros
Nice colleagues
Due to Covid I had my position dissolved when we restructured. That said I love my center in Solon Ohio and would go back any day they need me. Such a family to belong to!
Pros
PTO and very understanding managers
Cons
Maybe pay
OverallUnfortunately Covid caused me to be displaced. If given the opportunity I would go back to Marriott. Great work life balance. Great pay and benefits. Great management.
Marriott is wonderful and they are very passionate about helping their guest and making sure that their workers feel comfortable with our work environment.
Marriott is a fantastic Corporation and the benefits are superb. I am pleased with the position I hold currently and see a great career in the hospitality industry.
Marriott is a very diverse company to work for. Marriott company was founded on family needs so they are a very family oriented. Marriott’ s pay is comparable for the same job.
Training was awesome. Benefits and perks were a plus. I also loved the fact that after thorough training, I was able to work from home. It was great not driving in rush hour traffic.
Good people Nice environment Paid training Advancement opportunities Easy work Team environment Great management U
You should be able to keep the same work hours and off days if you want to...one month you might get picked for day shift the next month you might get changed to night shift or 3rd shift.thats the worst part of the job.
Pros
You get to work from home
Cons
Unpredictable changing schedule
This company always has an issue with their payroll system and employees pay. It is a constant battle with HR regarding your pay. That makes for a very stressful situation when you are not paid for the time you have already worked.
Pros
Working at home
Cons
Pay issues & other departments changing your schedule months later
I liked working at Marriott, the commute just got too far for me to work there and my other job and my other job was more of what I like to do so I choose that one, other than that if I could have worked back at home I would have kept Marriott as well.
I learned good work culture and management in Marriott are helpful and personal . Good advancement opportunities available too. Will definitely recommend this company to work for
Helpful environment to work and company really promotes from with in. Classes help with aid to training. Family oriented company. Very nice café for employees to relax and have lunch or dinner.
Pros
Employee discount on rooms
Cons
May not be able to take break at the exact time do to call volume
Great Company, Quick to advance, promote, give raises, however was supposed to result in work from home job which was what had me willing to tolerate the long commute in the beginning until date was pushed further and further back and I was no longer willing to sacrifice the time and money
I was with this company for 15 years and loved everyday of it. The diversity and flexibility was amazing. I moved away to a new state and with regret had to leave. The 401K options and the stock options were the best I’ve seen.
Marriott will offer unlimited overtime during peak times, downtime when slow with no pressure. Flexible, floating schedules which gives you more opportunities for vacationing and/or family time. A great place to work!
It’s not the place for me they have no clue what’s going on and how to run the place. I advice anyone going to work this company please do your homework
Overall good experience. Great starter job for college students and retirees. You have to have a lot of patience and a great attitude to deal with customers. Booking a room you wouldn’t think was difficult, but there are a lot of unhappy customers.
Pros
EE discounts, relaxed dress code
Cons
Hours, low pay and stressful customers
The job is ok but it’s the management that’s unprofessional and not caring . You only get 27 hours of emergency time and if you have kids you know that will never work they basically don’t want you to miss no days unless you are dying
productive working environment , friendly people . work at home available if earned . unlimited overtime available 30 min lunch two 15 min breaks