Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Tampa, FL

Though the wages is not where i would like it to be. I do enjoy the people I work with. they make working fun and welcoming. the company does not separate departments, but place us together to give us the opportunity to communicate and develop a good rapport.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Scheduling and flexible hours
I have only been able to work at one hotel before the pandemic hit, so this is not a good overall picture. I highly did not enjoy my leadership and how they behaved unprofessionally, and this ultimately set the tone for everyone else. While opening a restaurant I got the flu, and had the flu for over a month due to not being able to take time off and staying sick.
Pros
Cheap lunch, not free.
Cons
short breaks, long days, inconsistent days off that can lead to 10-12 day stretches without any days off.
Marriott is an excellent place to work every one is like a big happy family!! And you will make life long friends there .. I am glad I worked there you will be too!!
Pros
Excellent benefits
Marriott is an excellent company to work for. They really appreciate each and everyone of their employees. I loved serving different people everyday, it really helped the job stay interesting.
I was able to learn and grow in the Company. It gives everyone the opportunity to change hotels in different states or countries. The company culture is amazing, promoting team work.
Worked for Marriott courtyard then they recommended me for the airport, TIA. Loved my experience with Marriott, great working conditions,. People friendly,. Great opportunity to make a decent living. Benefits were also great. Would love to work for Marriott again.
Monitored food distribution, ensured meals were delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines for special diets were followed Coordinated communication and managed team execution and standards between all teams to ensure successful events and high customer satisfaction.
Open door policy, positive workplace environment, good location Challenging to work with an older product at the time and being creative to create a positive guest experience
Marriott allowed me to take on new challenges that push me to better myself and grow. The opportunity's that this company brings is unlike any from my previous jobs.
Pros
Endless opportunity's
Un lugar agradable para trabajar, con mejoras dentro del propio trabajo.
Marriott is such a loyal and great company to work for. We specialize in making sure the guest feels 100% at home- especially with being an extended stay, we try to accommodate all guest needs.
Great people to work for lots of training got done friendly people to work with and for good pay and I miss being part of them also like making our guest very happy and keeping the building up to standard s
Great place to work. Marriott provides the opportunity to deliver customer service to all guests. If you enjoy working with people, making new connections and making people happy, this is the job for you.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Work life balance
Very good company to work for , good benifits good insurance good retirement funds and the hours are good and schedule is very flexible , and paid time off too.
Enjoyed the position but new GM had no experience (came from sales) and was scared to make decisions ,fun place to work with great rates for you and your family
This Company is one of the best . Balance work and family time. Enjoy benefits, skills and learning opportunities and hospitality skills. Gives you opportunities to advance to other positions within the Company.
Constant learning career, must work quick and learn new things quick. Must take constructive criticism. Built long lasting relationships with coworkers.
Pros
Healthy options for lunch
Cons
No end time on schedule
Enjoyed the experience of being able to help those guests make their day a little bit easier, comfortable, and more memorable over all. Providing that quality of standard of service is something I believe in.
Was a nice place to work at, a fast paced environment with seasonal ups and downs, needed second job when work got slow, around summer and fall months.
Pros
Free Lunch if Kitchen Staff, half hour breaKS
Cons
Low hours and advancement opportunity
Very great company to work for. Mangers was always helping and giving you more knowledge . Gained a lot of long term friends, Really great work environment.
The Managment is horrible at Tampa waterside Marriott! Nothing gets done, you have to ask ask and ask and if you do it yourself you get ridiculed!! Written up for anything you do that didn’t come from Managment. You work your butt off and never get days off you want. The kitchen is terrible !!! They like to have 5 different outlets coming out of 1 kitchen and doesn’t make any sense !!!!!! You wait for hours at a time for food and the customers yell at you every shift !!!!! The turnover for Managment is very high. New manager every 3 months l!!!! But. The company Marriott is great. Just terrible Managment at waterside Tampa. Great example. When is the restaraunt going to open ???? It’s been a year
Pros
Great company benefits
Cons
Terrible traffic. No parking ! Kitchen is terrible cause of chef, poor Managment construction