Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in The Woodlands, TX

A typical day consisted of greeting and assisting guests check-in while also handling phone calls and general back office work. Guest experience will obviously depend on location, so keep that in mind. Well-treated guests will return the favor, although some feel as if the benefits the loyalty program provides have decreased in qualify over time.
Pros
Discounted rooms
Cons
Guest experience varies
It was a good company to work for and opportunities to move up. Management could have used some work in the front office but it was a really good job to gain some much needed experience
Pros
Hours. Team. Flexibility. Job requirements
Cons
Wonderful company to work for, great opportunity to grow into management, alot of training, refresh training in your roles, to improve your growth, great benefits, flexibility schedules.
The managers in my location always listened and worked around my schedule very well, always helpful as well. I had a fairly easy job and I would definitely return. The pay is ok but could be better
Each day started differently which is why i loved it because it was never boring. i learned how to use fosse and make reservations, learn different things from each guest. Marriott has a relaxing and rich culture.
Working at the front desk, I checked in and out about 300 people a day and I loved every minute of it. I learned about the MARSHA and PMS operating systems and developed a strong understanding of both. I had a great support group with my leaders and my peers. Definitely one of the best places I'v worked. The job was challenging and rewarding and no two days were ever the same.
Friendly, happy, fun and safe place to work. A typical day at work start smiling and saying hi to everyone. Marriott is a place with continuous and mandatory trainings. I learned so much with coworkers, managers and guests from around the world, diferents cultures including exotics food, music and languages. Hardest part was not really hard because the busy season was good for overtime.. Best part was Holiday season....great decorations, music and food!!!
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
Busy season but great overtime
Typical work day starts at 6am by printing out present day and next days flow sheets that contain all the information for equipment in each meeting room, walk around each meeting room to ensure all equipment is in room and client is helped out using the equipment provided 70,000sqft of meeting space is distributed between two staff members, one supervisor and one manager. Once all meetings have been checked we regroup and inform the staff of tasks for the day. Co-workes must rely on each other to run a successful operation. Morning crew relies on the night staff to set all the rooms accordingly to ensure morning staff is able to assist clients with any issues that may arise. The hardest part of the job is when ever a meeting pops up with extensive AV equipment requirements because if rental equipment needs to be order or additional labor needs to be called in you have to rely on a third party for last minute service. What I enjoy the most about working at this property is being able to have direct contact with my clients and being able to see everything come together after months or weeks of planning.
Pros
great company culture, company perks
Cons
Minimal room for promotion in Audio Visual department.
The site manager position was a good job. However the work life balance was almost non existent. being scheduled by regional managers to work 16 hours a day six days a week. and oft a few hours on the 7th day didn't leave much room for balance.
cool place, cool people, nice environment, nice management too, friendly co workers, great location, they take care of employees
Lots of teamwork across all departments in the hotel. We seem to get stuck in the same shift. The leadership is always available and solicits feedback. Often it seems as though nothing changes.
typical day- arrive to work, clock in for schedule shifts, open area (entire Bistro/Bar/Kitchen/Starbucks) fully stock bar/fridge, turn on ovens, Set up tables/bars, count drawer, take orders/wait on customers, Use Micros system to maintain checks of guests, make/serve drinks, make/serve dinners, clean glasses, clean dishes, return dishes, return glasses, clean up tables, take/make/deliver to-go orders, count down drawer/ daily credit/cash report, make Daily Credit-Card drop, make Daily Cash drop, Clean area of any food, dust, or disposable materials, sweep/mop FOH and BOH stock for next shift, switch over each fridge, clean Starbucks machine/check espresso beans, set-up bar for morning shift, fill out daily food logs, daily refrigerator logs, do weekly inventory logs, drop Cash/Credit drops, return keys, clock out for scheduled shift. Management/Co-workers could have been more helpful through-out shift when guests would arrive in groups and wait times exceeded 10 min Best part of my work was communicating to the different people who came to the hotel and being able to make a positive impact on their lives and experience with the Marriott Hardest part of my work was working so hard and many hours for so little appreciation from the company/coworkers/management
Pros
employee rates, employee benefits
Cons
company support for life balance/hourly pay/ job security
Everyone loves what they do and does it to the best of there abilities. Happy to be apart of this team! I love the long days and appreciate the short ones as well. The hardest part is remembering the recipes because we change up the food so often.
I It was an amazing property that I wish I was able to express my skills to.
My coworkers where the best part of my day, we had fun and we worked very hard. The only real complaint I had about the job was the scheduling. There would be nights that are always busy and just one person. Which wouldn't be to big of a deal if we were talking about a smaller business. When we are talking about a hotel that means, typically, over 100 rooms (138 at the hotel I was employed at) that you have to check in, run items to room, fix any mistakes...etc. It's very hard to make everyone happy, especially if there is a rush. Other then that, I loved my hotel.
Pros
Meeting interesting people
Cons
Being alone on busy nights
- Monitor all aspects of property and enforce policies and regulations to ensure the safety of guests and employees. - Manage Front Desk, Maintenance, Restaurant and Housekeeping while also servicing customer requests and follow ups on issues. - Process all back office paper work which includes but is not limited to daily audit reports, variance reports. Handle all cash and credit card charge reports. Create a customized detailed report on all transactions and monthly goal reporting for my general manager and sales coordinator. - Maintained a high level of service expectations and increased service level standards above all. Implemented new and encouraging challenges and competitions to drive employee morale. - Balance all spending in regards to keeping a monthly budget for all departments - Process all employee payroll and invoicing of monthly purchases - Maintained a proper inventory and managed each department’s hours, payroll and scheduling to increase monthly profits over debts.
Pros
experience
Cons
adavancment
Great manager great benefits good employees Free food Nice area
My job was mostly room service , which was customer service, I loved that part. I learned more about people in general
Pros
meeting new people, and helping people
Cons
the pay and benefits
Not family oriented to say the least. No balance of work and life.
Pros
meeting new people.
Cons
not the best compensation though.