Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Tucson, AZ

Great place to work for the most part, its an easy job outside of the lack of good management. Head chef is super awesome and most of the staff work well as a team just a few bad apples that bring the entire experience to a low.
Pros
great money easy job
Cons
bad managers
The last three years have been up and down between ownership change and remodeling. However, management has made sure to try and keep up moral during the lull in business. These situations have helped me to improve in my customer service and the attention I am able to pay to guests, which increased the amount of regulars to make sure to frequent our establishment instead of going down the street
I was able to advance in the company and work in several departments hence learning the various areas of the hotel industry. I was also able to transfer to different states with my family since the Marriott is worldwide.
I really like Marriott as a company and enjoy working in this field. Management and staff members work together as a team to get the work done. I am a very upbeat person and like to meet with different people and working in Marriott I am able to do what I like most and utilize my professional experience at the same time.
Pros
Works with your schedule and free lunches in some days.
Hardest part of the job was just to interact with people that we served. I learned so many skills as a back of house and as a server. Communication skills. Fast problem solving. Most of all fun work environment
Working there was great!! The stuff are friendly , helpful. I was all ways busy doin some thing . There all about team work. They have benfits , dental vision for 1k and health care. They do fun things with the stuff an Holidays.
They switch up the routine as well to because before I started working there every body did what they felt like it but I here now is been better then before so I'm up for it
I love this place it's pretty relaxed but there is so many problems with drama and cliques and people not wanting to be a team. It's really stressful to work there.
Hard to tell about Marriott specifically. I did not work directly for Marriott, but one of the companies in their umbrella, and it was managed by another company.
Low pay is reason I'm looking for new employment. I've learned a lot and enjoyed the position. I'm looking forward to gaining new employment for a property with livable wages and higher service standards.
Working with the department I was in was fun and exiting. The thing is managers in other departments treat you as if they are entitled to more, but always have to know that managers in your department will have your back.
Pros
Work environment is fun
Cons
Never know how busy it will get
this company has so many hotels the only things stopping you is your own limitations. they even have a division that helps with all things needed for relocation.
Pros
cool people
Cons
too much travel
Marriott is a demanding company to work for. They have high expectations for your commitment, hours worked. But there are rewards for your hard work.
Pros
Very large company.
Cons
Very large company.
Busy during season. Management was organized. Systems in place to facilitate work flow. Work days can get long, but the stress level was not that bad.
Friendly and family environment. Everyone feels like a friend. Self paced, just get your work done. No lack of standards and consistent expectations from all departments
Pros
Employee lunches $3 and delicious, healthy options
Cons
poor compensation, not much advancement. Most managers become dinosaurs here, never move on
Managed a small accounting team with a dotted line to IT. Concentrated on Month End duties, and Reconciliations. Management was very helpful in getting me ready for my next position. I enjoyed the team and still remain friends. I got the opportunity to set up 2 other accounting hourly people to get to a management position
Pros
free lunches, free golf. tuition reimbursement, career advancement
Cons
remote area
This is a big company that claims they care about their employees but it appears to be more about making money. I feel for a company this big, they need to manage better and not put employees in dangerous positions such as driving a beverage cart in the rain, and getting things fixed that cause injuries because they aren’t working properly.
Pros
Benefits, discounts
Cons
Poorly managed all around
Marriott cares about there employees. Even too much sometimes. The care about the guest. They want you to make the guest happy no matter what. There are a lot of jobs within Marriott with all different types of pay. Management is nice and helpful. You definitely have to "walk the line" with the Marriott but, you should be doing that whenever your working for someone else. Marriott is a great company with great opportunity.
Pros
Mostly everything
Cons
red tape
Great company with a great culture. They push you to innovate and seek to grow their employees. Really have enjoyed my time with the Marriott. They also offer great benefits.
I was hired as the Director of Advertising and PR for what was then Westin management and ownership. This was a new construction project for Westin and I had the honor and pleasure of creating 98% of all the collateral sales materials for the property, including the sales video and the in-room loop selling all the services the property offered. This was a dream job and I loved it!
Pros
Dream job offering every opportunity to be creative.
Cons
Hours were 7 days a week.
The Marriott is a nice place to work. They have alot of benefits. The dish room is fast pace, but the day goes by fast. Management always jumped in to help.