Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Tulsa, OK

The team is like a family. They are very caring and supportive. They make you feel important. Guest satisfaction #1 priority. Management is incredible!
Great place to work, only to much left in the beds, would really hurt my back great people, management was great as well, some we're very helpful,if I wouldn't hurt much I would have stayed
Productive and fun and miss some of the co workers.Got free meals after food was severed.Had set stlye of clothes to be worn such as black shoes,black slacks,and hotel jacket
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Low pay
Use to be a 4 dimond great place to work. Use to have pride there. Food has went down hill. My regular guest go out to eat. And come back for cocktails. The rooms are neglected. Hard to have pride in a place where the G.M. and HR. Are unprofessional. The managment just kept getting worse. Not experienced. I trained my bar manager how to bartend. No pride in the food.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Changed management companies, All standards dropped after John Q hammons management company desolved, G.m. or HR does not value loyal long term employeees.
This was my first hospitality job, and I enjoyed working here. I applied for a server position in the restaurant, but was hired as a Human Resource Assistant. Then, after a few months, I became the only Human Resource person, which was a bit terrifying. I left basically because I was paid too little for far too many responsibilities for an untrained, under-qualified person. I had no idea what I was doing, and was left to figure it out on my own, which could go really wrong when it comes to HR.
Pros
Employee Lunch Program, Lots of Employee Activities
Cons
too little pay
Marriott is a wonderful company to work for as long as the management team works with everyone the correct way. I love the benefits of discounts on hotels.
It was a great location to start with, the beginning was rough but after time it because a beautiful place to work in. It was like a little family inside of the hotel.
I had a lot to remember while working as a registration clerk. to the degree I decided it wasn't meant for me. So I moved on . . . . . . A bit of experience though. Very nice hotel also.
Pros
n/an/a
This was my first experience with the hotel/hospitality industry and it is what made me fall in love with it. We had several regulars that came in for business meetings once a week. It is always fun when you can get to know your guest and make personal connections.
Pros
we had a great team and work together to make guest stays great
Cons
An eight year career ended because of ulcers and high blood pressure. Overall good job though. Was able to transfer from Tulsa to Portland and back with no trouble. If you like meeting people and can handle jerk "guests" and defuse the situation then yr probably a good fit for this industry. I miss it sometimes but ultimately the health issues forced me to resign.
I loved working here, I got to meet so many new people from all over the world. Yes it was hard at times, but I loved the fast pace upbeat work enviroment.
working in the guest services, was a good field but the compensation was not good
day work,full time Monday to Sunday eight hours 9am to 5pm I learned a lot stuff how to amicable with customer.the hardest part of the job was showing assiduous, the most enjoyable part of the job was they give a short break
Cons
Short breaks
TMSH was a good hotel to work for, I enjoyed my co workers and clients. I left right before a large remodel and hear that it looks amazing now.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Low pay, flooded market
I enjoyed my job very much. I like to interact with Guest and make sure they have excellent customer service. I do not have anything negative to say about my position with Marriott, It was a pleasure working for such a great company.
Pros
Food Discounts, Meeting someone new everyday.
Cons
When it was slow, makeing new friends and haveing to say goodbuy.
the team is great, co workers are nice and helpful. I have learned a lot from working there
Pros
great people
Cons
Compensatio
Low employee morale. People more focused on going home early, even though they were late to work. Lack of management.
Typical varied due to deadlines and activity in house. Management and co-workers were excelent. Hardest part was the management of cash flow - working on 30 day cash forecasted up to 1 year in advance. Most enjoyable part was the high level of activity and variability.
Pros
free lunches, insurance, flexible hours
Cons
Working for a hotel is great you get to meet all types of new people, and get great discounts.
Pros
cheap hotel rooms for friends and family
Cons
always open