Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Tysons Corner, VA

Great place to work; flexible and supportive. Pay in less than outside the industry but inline with other hospitality groups. Manager's support in career growth.
Pros
flexibility, career growth
Cons
pay
Monday thru Friday 50 hour work weeks Management was helpful during the Sale Cycle Workplace culture was flexible and family oriented The most enjoyable part of the job was attending Sales University and training offsite
The training sucked at the Sheraton tysons. Management was terrible. There was alot of turn around. The management never came to you if they had a concern. The falsely accuse you. I recommend you look else where for a hotel job.
Pros
Cons
management and lack of training
My days would start at 5:30am and end between 2-3pm. Some days when it was busy I would be there till 5pm the latest. I've learned many stations while working here. My co-workers were very nice and helpful. Management can be helpful at times when they weren't busy. The hardest part of the job was when I would be by myself setting up for banquets. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing the customers were happy and enjoyed the food that I made for them.
Benefits
Cons
Early Morning Shifts
During the six months in Tysons corner Marriott in the United States, i've got the opportunity to learn everything about housekeeping and start with learning how to manage a team and set priorities. Challenging internship with a lot of opportunities!
Management of restaurant in a hotel is a high profile position. Exciting moments, but very long hours both in the evening and day time. Compensation for long hours didn't feel existed.
Pros
Exciting and high profile
Cons
handle daily maintenance issues with alot of interaction with customers. I enjoyed working with my fellow co workers and formed lasting friendships as well.
Typically I would start my day by setting up the concierge lounge, and checking to see everything that i needed to get the day started such as condiments, newspapers, food, beverages. I learned how to excel my hosting abilities with this company. My management as well as coworker were all very encouraging and open to communication, the best part of my job was interacting with the guests, there was nothing majorly hard about my job just getting to know the guests and the area was the only area i needed to excel in and time provided me with all those answers.
Pros
close to home, the people were amazing, food was free, and i recieved tips
Cons
if i didnt take a break as soon as i got in i was unable to do so, because i ran the lounge alone if i left there would be no one there to help my guests
Working with housekeeping team. General Manager is one of the finest GM to work with.