Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

Washington, DC227 reviews
A great work environment and amazing coworkers/leadership, one of the best companies I worked for. Everyone is respectful and helpful. They really care about their associates and they take good care of them.
Marriott Int'l is a fantastic company to work for - keep in mind if you work at a particular hotel - cultures may vary due to differences in leadership. Overall - the company offers great opportunities for advancement or to explore different disciplines, competitive benefits from a healthcare and 401K retirement saving plan standpoint, and the diversity among associates leads to learning and appreciation of others. They are the leader in the hospitality industry and promote a culture of taking care of associates so they can take care of the guests.
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms
Cons
Hospitality is not for everyone. Must be thick skinned
There are lot to say about this brand. But in some words, its my pleasure working for this brand. Its already been 6 years I am associated with it and I am sure will continue working till I retire.
Pros
Many
Cons
Very less salary in India
Marriott is the best place to work. It’s family and I have over 25 years working for the company. Even though I am furloughed now, the company has done right by me.
Marriott is a horrible company. They don't care about you. Managers only care about numbers. They want you to get high customer satisfaction scores but they don't tell you it's because senior management gets a bonus if you do. In return you get treated bad if you're not friends with the manager.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
bad place to work
A lot of politics, especially when Marriott family members are being considered and have no job history. Pay is very low, but made up with heavily discounted hotel rooms.
“I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job. I work full-time on a flexible schedule, both in and out-of-office, and my boss trusts me to produce high-quality work and results. I work hard to maintain that level of trust, which keeps me engaged and excited — but at the same time, I love that my job enables me to love and enjoy my other passions in life,”
I worked at the W Hotel in Washington DC for 6 years. I loved my job and the people I worked with. In my experience, the property hired quality people for each position. I enjoyed working with the people put around me. There are opportunities to move up or make moves to different departments. It was a great and diverse environment.
I love the freedom of space and trust to operate and perform at high levels. At times I feel my job is to replace myself, making the hardest part of my job is the expectation to find someone that can produce at the levels of my capability or better. I love networking and I've learned lots about it from company to company fitting their methods of recruitment and my very own. Being in a marketing/sales based environment, everything is production, production, production. No stranger to the environment, I feel it brings out the best in my capabilities. Overall, I feel the company is great and the people are wonderful.
Problem solving all day long.
Taking down details of a problem and coming up with a solution and assisting with the issues on each call. All the calls are different and require multi tasking and follow up to ensure the issues are resolved.
I am worked there for 28 years and absolutely love the company. It has a great work environment, supports an EEO culture and promotes from within. The tenure of most of their employees speaks volumes about the company culture.
Marriott has a very strong company culture as it began as a small 9 stool root beer stand in Washington, DC and grew in to the largest, global hospitality company.
Working for this hotel was the Best ever they offer employee resolution to any employee conflicts provide advancement when needed assistance with schooling as well as funding plenty of opportunities for advancement Community friendly will always help you to learn more
good career job
free lunch

good benefits

there could be more employees to help the work load

needs to be more helping and less delegation

needs free parking
Pros
good benifits
Cons
can be overwhelming with work load
Good company to work for, great benefits, loved my executive chef. Hotel discounts were good for the most part when they were available or you had time off
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
Lack of structure and communication between management team
They tell you one thing then when your hired all other things come into affect and the things you were told goes out the door. They go off seniority and if your not one of the old workers you don’t get took serious or they don’t care to help the have their pickd and it’s sad horrible place to work
Pros
Free Meal, Ways to make extra money
Cons
Management, problems with pay and favoritism throughout the job
The building had its own cafeteria. The management was very friendly and helpful. The hours were very flexible, which was very important to me because I had kids.
The Vinoy Renaissance is a beautiful property located near the downtown area. The people, guests, and visitors are the best, and the history is second to none.
Marriott culture is by far the best part of the job. Marriott offers so many benefits from room discounts to all the amazing people you meet from all around the world.
This is the best time in the history of my career, I love working with people this company is the best company I can work they have everything the people can ask
The employees and management staff at Marriott Hotels International and W Washington DC specifically, exude professional, genuine, warm customer service. Management empowers employees to go above and beyond, and think outside the box to provide epic moments for guests.