Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

I am happy I am working there and thats is the best job I ever had . You have plenty of opportunities if you want to grown. The pay is very good l. The benefits are amazing
Cons
Non
This is the best time in the history of my career, I love working with people this company is the best company I can work they have everything the people can ask
The employees and management staff at Marriott Hotels International and W Washington DC specifically, exude professional, genuine, warm customer service. Management empowers employees to go above and beyond, and think outside the box to provide epic moments for guests.
My review is excellent base on my performance by being helpful the guest and being a good team player and also get the job done by patrolling the property , check the fire control room for safety and contacted investigation and a report for any incident and accident from the guests.
simply put I love working for Marriott International. It is an overall great company that provides you with a lot of perks and benefits. I mostly love the culture and the work environment. I truly made a great decision in moving forward with my position and I look forward to growing long-term using Marriott’s internal promotion structure. They truly invest in you!
Una Express muy Buena y me gustaba my dedempeno de trabajo
It's a nice place to work at if you're first starting out no. Not this season the housekeepers hourly it's something that's very important 40 hours is something that is needed
Marriott used to be a family oriented company. They got away from that and now they are very focused on bottom line. They don’t seem to really care about individuals in the company. They don’t always take advice from those two best know it.
Pros
Hotel perks
Cons
Seemingly just a number in the company.
overall had great experience and memories for all years i worked. lots of opportunities for all employees specially management to grow within the compass ny.
Treat everybody as you would want to be treated. Be on time. Communication is the key to the kitchen atmosphere. It's very important. The management at my site changed often so you had to get know people often.
Pros
no pressure, alot over time, great benefits
I worked there as part of an internship program designed and put in place by my High School Academy that landed me an interview with this company. A month or so later I was accepted and began work less than a month after the school year ended. It wasnt a difficult job in many ways. Wasnt physically taxing or strenuous in any way but did require me to be ready to be put into an assignment as the hospitality industry is ver come and go.
Pros
Manageable work hours, great reference, good location, experience and friendly environment.
Cons
Not so stellar pay and frustrating early commute by train.
Monitored department budgets by reviewing data in the financial system and made recommendations to managers Audited 50 journal entries daily and maintained 100% accuracy error correction Prepared advanced financial trend and data analysis reports
With thousands of employees worldwide this is a great company to work for for upward mobility. It helps people move up and travel the world to explore other cultures and opportunities.
working for Mariott International I am very proud but we have poor managment Marriott need good management and workers .campany is the best Thanks
being there for six years things have changed, work is alot slower we are losing alot of groups coming in. human resource and the union are working together to minimize the amount of employment because its slow.
Group meetings before work began review all work orders asks questions when unsure ask for assistant when needed make sure all work is completed if not leave report on why.
I enjoyed the culture at the Marriott. There was always a training class and opportunities for growth. The management team was like a family to the employee always there to help.
There are so many opportunities within the company to advance. Great for those trying to start a career in hospitality industry. Leadership is very supportive.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to advance
Cons
It's like going to high school, only thing is you are the teacher. Common sense goes a long way! Anything you know will be wiped away and rebuilt. Old saying goes, take care of your associates, associates take care of guests, guests comes back. Well that went away once Starwood was acquired. All brands have became your standard Marriott's.
Pros
Free lunches, flexibility, training
Cons
limited opportunities, poor management, lack of transparency
if the hotel business is what you wnat then go for it! some property's your ale to move up fast in the company be carful with select service hotels.. its almost like a "crabs in a barrel" type of atmosphere
Marriott was where I learned to be a well-rounded attorney, and a well-rounded individual. Work was demanding but mentors were freely available. Management was inspiring. The workplace was cordial. I never felt backstabbed, even during an era when female attorneys were (at the beginning) the exception rather than the rule. The most enjoyable part of the job? Feeling like I was coming to work with friends.
Pros
Law Dept. softball team, 401k, stock options
Cons
I cannot think of any cons other than that the starting salary was low, however one moved up quickly.