Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

I am happy I am working there and thats is the best job I ever had . You have plenty of opportunities if you want to grown. The pay is very good l. The benefits are amazing
Cons
Non
High pressure from owners and hirer ups to close business Goals are not set in timely manner and are unknown to team work life balance almost impossible great benefits great team, always working together to lift each other up
Great place and environment to work at.Friendly Management and staff.The most enjoyable part of the job was the employee appeciation week and the end of year Holiday party
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
No employee parking
Mi trabajo era atender las llamadas de nuestros huespedes asi como de los companeros de trabajo. Realizar mantenimiento preventive y correctivo de todo del equipo en el hotel
Pros
Muy buenos beneficios como seguro medico, vacaciones y inversion en tu retiro
Cons
Demasiodos cambios en la administracion
- managed site visits - client relations and partnerships - worked closely with executive leadership, event management and hotel team to exceed customer expectations - manage business and sales decisions for the hotel - collaborate with revenue management for group sale business
Pros
team environment
Cons
long days
I had excellent managers. They were willing to help in any way possible. The daily meetings gave us a chance to focus on what needed to be done throughout the day.
Overall Marriott company cares about their workers but explore different places to work during your career with Marriott because not every hotel environment is the same.
Pros
Pto, Health Benefits, Sick Time off
Cons
Inconsistent Schedule and Work Hours, Difficult Customers/Guests
I love what i do at the Marriott, i would not leave the Marriott it's fun i get to interact with the guest, meet new people it's fun, it's a pleasure to assist someone else in need of anything it takes me outside of myself.
Pros
Definitely get free lunch
Cons
Breaks are too short
Good Pay, Hard Hours, Sometimes Flexable Schedule, Busy, Fast Paced, Nice Working Environment, Nice Managers, Growth Opportunities, Nice and Accommodating Environment.
Pros
Free Lunch, Full Time Hours, Healthcare
The hotel I work for closed for renovation so great opportunity to shop around for a newer/better place to work. I contribute positive energy, increased sales and am a great motivator.
benefits
Cons
managerial consistency
Marriott support open work environment. good work life balance. new and advance technology are used. complicated stories and work flow was very challenging and great team work was the most significant part of Agile work environment.
Marriott was an excellent company to work for with many chances to shift departments and advance your career. Unfortunately it was subject to the vagaries of the market place with occasional reductions in force.
Pros
Good advancement opportunities
Cons
Large corporate structure and bureaucracy
I worked for long period of time. It is good place to work. I like the management stile. They take care of the employee. Have health insurance. Salary increment is also fair. I am changing my career that is why I want to change the company. It is difficult to get job Information Technology job here.
Pros
Cons
Carrier change is difficult.
I worked 3 years at the Marriott Marquis. I had a great experience working at the Marriott and would recommend to anyone who is interested to join the company
In the time I worked at this property I expect to give an exceptional service to the guest but this Marriott banquet servers just do the service not always taking care of the guest.
Pros
Nice place to work.
Cons
Banquet servers need to be flexible in their attitude.
Always work hard attention to details work as team take care of all the events training the team great service . most enjoyable always to help our guests I always loved to work for Marriott .
Coming in to this job I was not very prepare by my manger who told me that I wouldn't be hire if I had disclosed that I have a slight disability with learning. the people that work there were really nice and helped me. I think the hard part was cleaning check out in 30 mins with 18 other check outs.
My review on the job was very good because not only did the Marriott know how to treat customers to their best ability but they also knew how to work as a team.I have learned that giving any kind of work environment you must know how to balance when the time comes for you to be very attentive to the customers and their needs as well as making sure that your job and task are being met each day. This may have been the hardest part of the job however knowing the work culture and environment I can say that I have truly enjoyed my time and serves with Marriott .
Pros
good breaks, great food, benefits
Unfortunately way too structured and not enough to learn and develop at if you can only choose one branch of it. Takes way too long to get a promotion and grow in your career learning new something every day and developing yourself. Happy place for people who love stable jobs and more concentrate on staying home with family and only coming to work for 8 hours to do work because you get paid, not enough for motivated leaders who are ready to stay longer, do more, grow and develop.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
good place for hospitality growth and retirement Great benefits and perks good work environment and good people free lunch Management, especially upper management is definitely not the best, however they are typically good people
Cons
Parking is not free and a hassle
The work place culture is very good . I leaned how deal with difficult gusts at hotel . I like team work at the Marriott hotel . The most enjoyable is the team work to finish the given assignment before shift is over .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Parking problem