Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

I am happy I am working there and thats is the best job I ever had . You have plenty of opportunities if you want to grown. The pay is very good l. The benefits are amazing
Cons
Non
Good conference hotel in DC, perfect to get your career started in hospitality and learn about UNION laws and regulations, great team motivation as well.
Without a doubt, Marriott International puts its associates first. To quote Mr. Marriott, if you take care of your associates they'll take care of the guests, and the guests will come back again and again.
Pros
great benefits and great work culture
A typical day at work was great. The hotel is ran very smoothly by the managers. It gets busy but that's the best thing working at Marriott. I always love helping people and give ideas to our guest.
I don’t have much to say but I would appreciate the opportunity to work for Marriott . It’s a pleasure to work for such a nice company. Looking forward towards it
Estoy súper contento en la compañía y en el hotel me gusta mi orario solo q el clima ya no tanto quiero algo tropical es por eso q quiero cambiarme a Florida
My first job, I learned a lot. Management was good. work culture was nice. Good advancement among the company, and good benefits. The schedule could be different then most.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Schedule is different
Everyday is a challenge meeting people in everyday walk of life, but serving the guest is really my forte, being able to serve them and help their stay very meaningful is a plus
Overall, Marriott International is a fantastic company. The company provides many training tools and encourage/support you to the next level of your career. There are many opportunities for growth.
Pros
Good work enviroment, Good Leadership, Benefits
i have been working for the hotel business for ten years i enjoy the culture from different people from different country they show me a lot of love there its just the book rule is more stressful and strict there the hardest thing is the clients mood how they feel and also the fast paste .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
At the hotel, I mainly performed day to day tenant needs as well as guest room maintenance. I learned how to work on my own. I also discovered the importance of completion of tenant requests in a timely manner. The management was rather strict and sometimes difficult to interpret what expectations were. It was a culture of teamwork. You were offered opportunities to work in multiple departments always learning something different. The most difficult part of the job was meeting management's expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of opportunities that were provided.
Pros
I liked learning all about ways to satisfy the tenant.
Cons
As an engineer, there weren't many advancement opportunities.
The most enjoyable part about working for Marriott is that you have the opportunity to advance your career worldwide. Good management also support advancements.
Great staff, fun atmosphere, as well as place to work. Pleasant customers and staff. Very relaxed work environment that was never stressful. There was always something new to challenge you.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch or dinner, depending on the time you worked.
Cons
No cons.
Positive daily greetings from Superiors. I've learned a lot from both staff and customers. Great management team. Fun place to work. The hardest part of the jobs trying to please every client.
I would avoid working at this property as working as a Guest Experience Representative, because it lacks a good work life balance. On the plus side, the staff in general are amazing. They make you feel at home with family.
Always busy, always on feet. Too many tasks to do - but great place to work and learn. Good management and great teamwork. Time there was always very productive.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
sometimes very stressful.
I enjoyed my time with the company. I respect what the company stands for. The main issue that makes working with the company was consistency with management.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Managers would renew too often and no consistency with the policy
The elephant swallowing the elephant (Marriott acquired Starwood) has accelerated the cultural changes in the company. Some for the better, but time will tell. Culture is strong. Work hard, focus on your own advancement and add the skills needed to get there.
Pros
Discounted/comp rooms; they are located wherever you want to be (almost)
Cons
Culture is changing, not necessarily for the worse
How to be a team leader and you can grow in the companies as far you want and you can have a balance in your personal life very good company if you work there it is very stable company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Paid parking
The company offers great benefits. Work/life balance is adequate and compensation is fare. Opportunity to grow is always there. Moving from hotel to hotel is encouraged as well as promotions and job/career changes.
I worked with lovely people: all my co-workers and some managers, but never I felt they recognized my skills. And some of manager two of them gave me hard time and it was enough for me to loose my job. Lies and very unfairs situations until at the last moment I was working in Marriott.