Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in West Palm Beach, FL

Great Company who hires from within. They may have you start at a ground level, but definitely move you up quickly if they see you have the potential. Great career opportunities within the same hotel or other hotels if you're willing to relocate. That means, if you want to work in Europe, then you should definitely consider applying here! This company will give enough training, however their modules were outdated when I started. I learned a lot from my peers & managers instead. I was lucky to have managers who always had and time to show me whatever, whenever I needed help. This company will also allow you to shadow other departments for a day or half day if you're interested. You're also given free meals during you shifts. The benefits, work/life balance and overall culture is great. I would definitely recommend to family and friends. The only negative thing I can report is the salary. But you are given compensation if you get are mentioned in a good review online and if you sell upgrades - selling upgrades is how I made money.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Extremely low paying job for Front Desk and Night Auditor positions. Upward mobility is practically non existent. You would have to wait for someone to pass away to apply for a higher position. Even if that happens, the corporation always brings in an outsider instead of hiring from within.
Pros
You meet a lot of nice and kind people.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, terrible hours, horrible work life balance.
It would be helpful if we had a higher volume of business. Managers/team member have a great interaction. Clients are high end groups &respectful ....
Pros
The most important Marriott International is the best hospitably company in the world.
Cons
There are not lots of opportunity for full time position.
If you're looking to have great discounts as an employee for hotels then this is great for you. You learn great hospitality and learn the difference services that can be provided for customers.
After working weeks of overtime, there was a discrepancy for a clock out during lunch where I took an extra 15mins for lunch due to the amount of hours I had been working that week. I agreed to work as much OT as I could, that was 10-12hr shifts weekly for 1.5 months with over 35 hrs in OT at least and because I could not explain the 15 extra minutes they let me go. This was the weekend before I was to leave for vacation which I had to cancel due to unemployment.
Being a pool attendant for Marriott Resort and Spa was a refreshing experience. I enjoyed fostering relationships with the incoming visitors and residents alike.
Pros
Mobility
Cons
Short breaks, weather conditions
it was a great experience to work with this company. The benefits were greats. Good management team. The staff works well with one another. I had a great time
Very great company to work for. Energetic team, and you are treated like family. The work experience at the job, is great for anyone that wants to step up in life
This is one of those places where the job advancement opportunities are great, pay is good, hours are good, management is not bad... but everyone is not with the "team player" mentality. Everyone in the front office acts like friends, but all talk about each other behind their backs like high-schoolers. It was un-enjoyable to come to work knowing the culture was poisonous like that.It's a shame because everything else was so great... not to mention training is WAY TOO MUCH.
Pros
free healthcare
Cons
bad culture
Marriott has some pretty great benefits for the employees. Especially the employee rate for the hotel rooms anywhere in the world. (As long as it is not season.)
I was hired under the impression that the Marriott was going to give me a set schedule after the 90 day period and that all ended being a lie. They've been requiring a single mother to work all nights and haven't lived up to their promises.
Great Company To Work with Unlimited Career Growth Opportunities. Highly respected within the industry and is a leading company that continues to evolve with the future.
I loved the Marriott culture, and they take care of their employee, and the benefits are really competitive. I had a good experience working at Marriott, if I have a chance to go back and work for the Marriott family that will be pleasure.
Great company, many benefits. Managers vary from property but with the number of properties relocation is fairly easy. Also jobs at corporate and regional are nice.
Benefits
Cons
Marriott is an exciting work place where I enjoy the company of guest. It provides free lunch and the moment an employee is not feeling okay it is extremely important to notify a supervisor\manager. The hotel is a friendly environment where people can meet new people and offers guest numerous events. For example, the hotel contained live music, bar, a pool with a water slide and a restaurant.
I worked in the office and I learned a lot about clerical work. I received training for every new task I was getting along the years I was in HMS Host. I enjoined working with my Director of Operations, every day was a challenge
great Management-- fun place to work-- Liked Management, all associates, this company attracts great guests, would recommend working for this company, they offer a great future
Marriott is a great company to work for but not Urgo franchises. They don't value your work and ethics. Marriott offers great benefits and incentives for hard work.
learning program consists of three unique components, mixing online learning, classroom style instructor-led training, and ongoing “stretch assignments” for the associate to implement in between classes. Through Ascent, our associates gain invaluable knowledge and experience. Upon completion of the program, they are ready to attend a panel certification and start applying to management positions. The harder Part of the job is not having the right training
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not having the opportunity to work more hours
The best place to work for, they have great culture, and always made us feel heard. they gave me security, and always understand when I have a family emergency. I love this company
Pros
great benefit
Cons
not so much room for growth
Everyday is different. This job provides you administrative skills to be polished and developed. This is a profession that can be used for the remainder of your life.