Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Wichita, KS

Great place to work, lots of opportunities for improvement and advancement if you are willing to put in the work. Large company with many departments for relocation.
Management and leads are happy to help because everyone starts out in the same position. The hardest part are the guests you have to talk to, it can get pretty stressful. The best part is the relaxed environment everyone is pretty nice to eachother.
Pros
Breakroom has plenty of food to buy, coworkers are nice, management is helpful, benefits for full-time employees
Cons
Some guests are entitled, they want you to keep your call under 6 minutes
Went into furlough when Covid started. I had seniority,been there for two years,worked myself into the ground because they couldnt keep anyone. Was not asked back,instead they bought back one of our sales managers daughter,who had only been there a year. I wanted to keep my status with the company,so i could move on later on. Management is not fair,they like to only hire family members,which i thought was not professional.
Pros
Discounted rates, i loved my other coworkers.
Cons
No breaks, not enough employees, bad management
Over quarantine I started HRT for my transition and the company claims they are supportive however, before COVID I informed HR that I wad going to begin my transition and I was told that I had to use the women's room until I legally changed my name even after I started HRT which I thought was extremely inappropriate since having me enter the women's room is not going to go well when I have facial hair and a deeper voice. I came back on June 13th and was dealing with personal issues due to the HRT, I spoke with HR again and they told me they would make sure to accommodate to my needs. In late June my mother passed away and I needed time off for bereavement, I brought the needed paperwork and this month I was suspended due to "productivity" for June. Everyone was being brought back in a pandemic under high stress situations and they fired me for lack of "productivity." People are cancelling stays and calling in to verify properties are open before they decide to book, so obviously productivity and sales are taking a toll, I think they just didn't want to accommodate to my needs because Carol in HR is transphobic and they didn't want a lawsuit so they said it was because of my stats for June (a month that was almost half way over when I came back to work, and I was never brought into a meeting with my manager to discuss my stats beforehand).
Pros
Barely any
Cons
Bad managers, terrible HR people, toxic environment
This was actually a terrible company to work for. They do not care about the customers or their customers needs. They also do not care about their employees. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Discounts on hotels, Great benefits.
Cons
The management is terrible, the appreciation for employees is terrible and the appreciation for customers is terrible.
If you work hard and show you are worth the time they will go to bat for you if needed. Open communication with supervisors and coaches helps them help you with your goals.
It’s a good place to work! I really enjoy my time there. The people are great and easy to talk to. I would recommend staying at one of the hotels to get the experience from both sides.
Pros
Nice people to work woth
Cons
Hard to get off work....
If you have a medical history I would not recommend working at Marriott. They do have good health care. There is no communication in the Marriott work environment.
I enjoy my job. It is very challenging yet good palce to learn. Ready for a new challenge. Great people, culture,innovation. Excellent professionalism.
For a call center it was alright. The guests calling to make reservations for settle a dispute was easily handled after having worked for a while, you will learn close to everything you can about how things are handled. Everything I disliked was mostly because it was a call center. I’m sure I would have the same experience at a different one. Guests will get angry if the hotel they need is sold out or the price is too high. They will argue that is wasn’t this expensive last year or that they are mad that they can’t get a specific room for their family and they expect you to figure it out. Or they think they are talking to the hotel and then get made when they figure out you are ina c all center. The people you are supposed to escalate to are just as tired of everything as you are. If you have to take off even if it’s months from now you’ll not be garaunteed to get it. You have to submit a request through an electronic calendar , like everything else. If you have a problem R really is only there to settle paycheck and payroll matters. It’s nearly impossible to speak to anyone about issues you have or get a straight answer. It took me literally 5 months to get a new schedule that worked for me. I recommend it if your in college and need late hours for some money or if you have a family and are ok with a call center but never again will I do it
I like this company because it is very inviting. You get to know everyone in the center, from the top to the bottom. We have a famiy feel. Everyone is so willing to help each other. It is one of the best companies to work for.
Job was great and payed very well. I recommend applying for this job. Its called marriot international now. They offered great benefits. Definitely 5 stars. I have nothing bad to say
I enjoy working at marriott lots of room to grow with the company. I would highly recommend this job to anyone who like working flexible hours and with a great bunch of opportunity
I've never been part of another work environment I truly enjoyed being a part of as much as I did here. The managers, trainers, guides, and associates made me feel welcome from day 1 and I never felt unsupported.
Good vacation benefits and pay. When days are slow, you can put in down time, to be excused to go home, and it will not count against your attendance.
Cons
short breaks
Marriott was a very interesting company to work for. The discount on hotels was nice and learning about the hotels and their amenities was fun. I didn't feel i was fully prepared to do the job after training. Taking real calls was extremely stressful and most of the calls were people complaining about the combining of hotel brands. multiple people had multiple rewards accounts and it was a rough time trying to assist them without much knowledge of how to do so. Also the call volume was EXTREMELY high. Company did not want to work with me when i had out of county court stuff to deal with and i ended up racking up a bunch of points.
Pros
Hotel discount
Cons
No flexibility, schedule bidding
It would have been a nice place to work but the scheduling could have been more flexible for the employees, some employees like late night shifts and some don't.
This company makes promises but is really awful to their employees, I hated this job . They micromanage every second and punish you for b being off the phone even for 1 minute
I worked here during the time of the merger August 2018. It was an extremely rough transformation. I did not feel as if concerns were heard. The benefits and pay were great after 2nd raise.
New training is needed with all the updates. I want to find more opportunities to help my growth knowledge and work experience within the company. I love to learn and perform new work duties that are challenging and different. Love for more overtime to post. Besides those opinions, excited for growth of company.
Company started out great was bought out by another company and everything went downhill. Has some great employee benefits most of the management teams were great.