Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Associate

Associate39 reviews
Well balanced lifestyle and family environment, definitely a great property to grow into leadership and enjoy a well balanced work\personal lifestyle
Pros
dedicated staff and leadership team
Cons
N/a
People cry at their desks every day.
Marriott does not live up to the business model they present.

Management is disappointing.

Nice to talk to guests.
We work with guests, and they sometimes are hard with their complaints but in general, its been a great experience for me to take part of this team. Very trustful organization.
Pros
time managing and very trustful with the team.
Cons
the actual situation.
I have experience the good environment in the Marriott International. And i have learn new thing"s every single day with my colleagues, which is most important for my futures.
I learn my skill and knowledge from the Marriott, the managers and supervisor are care with our mind they all are allowed to be 100 % freedom and enjoying all every moments
what you deliver determines what you get. A good environment to learn and grow provided you have a the support of your supervisor. Great Leadership. Many roles to experience if opportunities arises.
Throughout my experience a typical day at work are busy and slow some time but is consistent. I learned a lot in my experience in food and beverage. Management are good and helpful.The culture is mixed and we all get on well. The hardest part of the job is to set up for party events and heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is always working with a great team and the atmosphere from Christmas Parties, banquet, and conferencing.
It's a nice place to work 😊 all colleuges ND management is so supportive towards staff we can handle lots of pressure with enjoyment. I like the policy of Marriott. "Take care of associate they will take care of customers." Always put people first.
Overall good company. Staff turn around is a bit high, but good company. It can be very stressful at times but it is the hospitality business. Great co workers!
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Just started paid vacation earnings after over a year of being there.
Alhough my salary was competitive, with some benefits including hotels discounts, over the years I found myself doing exactly the same work with no possibility of advancement. I also noticed every year the hotel discounts were less available and less affordable for employees.
The problem with this place is that is next to impossible to get rid of poor preforming employees, and these poor performers knew it. The upside to that was I you did perform well, you stuck out and got noticed.Good benefits, not so good pay.
Marriott Hotel is a good company if you are at the beginning of your career and you do not have experience. They provide training in many areas, however, staff need to ask for it. It provides both full-time and casual contracts. Is better if you have your own car as is quite far from main road where you have public transportation.
Pros
Free lunches or dinners depending on your shift.
Cons
Distance, Transportation costs
Superb place to start your career at anytime. Its a giant company in hospitality industry with 1000++ hotels around the world. You will be given opportunities to work all over the world
I currently still work for this company. The GM is fantastic. Well, all management is superb. The company itself just does not pay as well as expected.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not high enough pay
Good place to work and learn
Bold and young employees add the charm

Very productive

Luxurious properties

Act with integrity

Always helpful

Energetic and proactive
Pros
Free meal, accomodation
great management and group of people to work for!! and room for advancement. Matesh was an awesome manager and Lesleigh is over the housekeeping she is awesome
Pros
great environment
Cons
no benefits
Largest Hotel company,lots of opportunity to grow and lots of great people to work with and learn from. Training and development opportunities available
Workplace can be toxic, hard to advance unless you know someone in the company or you are willing to be the boss's best friend. Management makes you feel unappreciated and aren't loyal to their associates.
New York Laguardia was a great company until Aimbridge Hospitality bought it. They took away all the great things about working for Marriott. Hotel is currently closed for rennovations
Pros
free lunch and parking
Cons
short breaks, unprofessional managers, favoritism is eveident
It has been 9 months working with marriott.working from pre opening. Of Fairfield marriott. It was a great journey. All the HOD's are of friendly nature.the best thing about marriott is its open door policy.you can directly to your HOD or to the GM if you are having some problem regarding the work.or else you can share your ideas with them.
the renaissance was a good place to work and would get very busy when events were being held at Gillette stadium but it was a good busy, very fast-pased
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
9.8K