Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Banquet Captain

Being one of the team member of the banquet people of this company was really amazing.I get to learned to new ideas and met different kinds of people. I get to put and apply the theories that I learned from school into action,and what makes me feel even better is every single day of work I was able to learn new things. The management are awesome and I enjoyed being with the team member and even play around with. The hardest part of the job was getting customer complain but we manage to handle it and at the end of the day we made the customer satisfied and happy.
Pros
free lunch adn dinner
Cons
Great medical benefits and other benefits.Get a substantial discount when staying at Marriott hotelsCan cross-train to other positions throughout the property you are located
I’m encouraged to work by good influential people. Management encourages employees to be a good citizen. I like the evolving work area and culture. I like to share my positive attitude to some who could benefit out of it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Monitored food distribution, ensured meals were delivered to the correct recipients and that guidelines for special diets were followed Coordinated communication and managed team execution and standards between all teams to ensure successful events and high customer satisfaction.
Very clean .team member. Always on time.follow instructions and recipes very well.catered to customers as needed. And also very good customer service.
There was very little collaboration or support from anyone at the Marriott Burbank Airport. The hotel operations manager was clueless and had no leadership skills. The director of sales and the director of catering harbor a we know everything and you know nothing so just deal with the fact that we are jerks attitude. There are members of the team that have been working at the property too long therefore they manipulate every situation to benefit them. If they don't get their way then they trump up stories to get you called into human resources and fired. I would not recommend working for the Marriott Burbank Airport to anyone unless you like to be abused.
Pros
Business levels consitently strong, Pay is okay
Cons
The management doesn't have a clue, no support and inmates run the assylum
Diverse company, foward thinking. Training and Opportunity. Travel and deep hotel discounts . But very structured. You must play by the rules. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Christmas parties and other associate engagement
it was good to work there I got advancements that I hope will help me out The co workers were all good workers for the most part some of them had to kind of be pushed to work
Pros
advancements
Cons
captains
I have enjoyed my years at working with Marriott but I would like to relocate and start a new opportunity. Working in a hotel is very rewarding but also takes a lot of hard work and LONG hours. I do not have the perfect work/life balance I would like to achieve. I also don't make enough money to live a productive life outside of work. I enjoyed the people I worked with though and the management is getting a lot better. You can make great tips and they do fully believe in career advancement and promoting associates within the company which I love.
Pros
free meals, healthcare, career advancement
Cons
paid parking, work/life balance
I enjoy working at the westin. I have learned all of my managing skills while employed there. I have learned to interact with guest and make them feel at home and comfortable.
Pros
Meet different people
Cons
Unsteady pay
Een fijn en prettig bedrijf om voor te werken. Met veel doorgroeimogelijkheden.
Always work as Team with my co- workers If any Department needs help everybody helps so the Customer have the best experience in the Hotel Banquets Department always work together
Great benifits! It was a wonderful learning atmosphere. It was certainly a place that I had to learn how to think on my feet and I was empowered to make decisions without getting approval first (within reason). Marriott is certainly about making sure the guest is happy and the associates are happy as well.
Seguir las metas que uno tiene la empresa te da las armas y oportunidades
I learned a lot working here, they give good trainings, but some departments are hard in schedule, in my experience a very time demanding job, no time to live my life, to much overtime required.
Pros
you can move up to better positions quickly
Cons
stressing and hard job specially the schedule
I had the greatest management team. I learned a wealth of knowledge from all of them. The job was physically demanding, with long hours, but the people I worked with made my day a success. I felt valued and respected and hope that I can pass this along to people that work under me in the future. I can honestly say that leaving that position was a very difficult thing to do and never would have left if it wasn't absolutely necessary.
Pros
people
Cons
the pay
Marriott the best place to be train, always have time to teach you something new, had the opportunity to advance en my work, to growth The team that I work was the best
As an Event Manager my days were long and challenging for not a whole lot of compensation. I learned to manage multiple personality types (within management to clients alike). There were fantastic managers at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront (and within the company as a whole), but there are stinkers as well. I left because of a couple stinkers. The culture can vary, but on the whole, they really focus on advancing their associates and ensuring a genuinely accommodating environment for the guests of the hotel. The hardest part of the job was not being able to find any personal value in what I was doing. After a while it all came down to numbers and how much I was making for Marriott. I put in so many hours to ensure my clients had successful events, and never really felt appreciated or that I was paid accordingly. The most enjoyable part of my job was the friendships I made with my co-workers. The benefits and training on the job were valuable as well.
Stay away. They're robotic, insensitive, cold and calculated to employees as well as guests. Stress is created with no concern or consideration for staff or patrons.
My managers and the whole interdepartmental team was positive and lively. My only problem was that the banquet department hours are too seasonal and sporadic. I learned a lot about supervising and managing many personalities and dynamics all at once, as well as a lot of corporate billing and logistics. Long late nights and early mornings were tough, but the frenetic pace and movement combined with the interdepartmental team mentality were great.
Pros
Free food, fair pay, lively team, and luxury environment.
Cons
$3000 deductible healthcare, sporadic hours
If we were busy with events you would work all day, if there were no events that week, you would be off a whole week. It was hard to have a work life balance in the position i was in.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No Set Schedules