Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Banquet Cook

you are able to grow and make the most of your life goals at this company. But sometimes times your manager dosent want you to progress any other way than the way they want you too. Weather it be fast and easy or slow and hard.
Pros
opportunities to do anything
Cons
Bad management
Need new HR management she is very one sided and like favoritisms don’t really listen to the whole story. Don’t. Care to the employee.no future in the the promotion is very hard to come buy.
I enjoyed switching from pastry to savory. Interacting with guests was always enjoyable. Hospitality was always top of the list for me. The management at Marriott lacked for me. No real instruction or definition and not organization.
The pay is decent but the management is just awful, the chef is childish and disrespectful it's one of the places it's not what you know but who you know and is your are willing to allow management to make you feel worthless and unimportant. I don't recommend this job unless you are already in therapy because you will need it when it's all said and done
I have great motivation and gain lots of knowledge and experienced. Improved my management skills and team spirit, team work with fun environment to work.
Good company to work for, great benefits, loved my executive chef. Hotel discounts were good for the most part when they were available or you had time off
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons
Lack of structure and communication between management team
The company is very big on excellent customer service. The company is well known for promoting employees throughout the company. The company offers a great benefits package to their associates.
Marriott's core values. Take good care of your employees and the employees will do the same to the guests. The business of Marriott is all about good service. That is why we Always do things with passion. "Make it Brilliant" "Creating personal connections" that is our mantra. Not only for the guest to feel at home but also a good way to establish a friendly relationship towards fellow employee
marriott isn't a bad company to work for its just this hotel and the executive committee. the leadership doesn't care about fostering a team work environment or creating a support system for middle management to grow and advance.
Pros
Cons
executive management
Great company changed my life . I look forward to coming back soon I met a lot of good people and developed great relationships gained a lot of skills as well as life experiences
This is a terrible place to work. If you want to be abused for working hard this is a place for you. They treat the lazy nonfood safety workers like gold and the hard working trained staff lousy
Pros
none really after the executive chef quit
Cons
everything
as a executive banquet chef most of the time i do all the cooking and prepping with the help of one line chef, nothing much to learned there is no room for advancement
This place is horrible. Management is always shorting your check and their only solution is to wait to the following pay period. The equipment is outdated, and the kitchen is super dirty with expired food.
Cons
A varied hotel for guest usage. multiple restaurant outlets, German, Asian and an all day dining buffet restaurant. Large banqueting operation, large wedding volume at high standards.
Pros
Good Staff appreciation
Marriot as a company is a great well managed employer. I especially enjoyed working for the Ritz Carlton. However working for the W hotel brand has left a bad taste in my mouth, with an overall lack of passion from the union talent and a weak executive committee the hotel left much potential to be desired.
Pros
The Ritz Carlton
Cons
W Hotels
the food was very good and the service was quick as we needed to make it to the theater. We went with appetizers and salad that were delicious and plenty of food. Our waiter was very nice and accommodating but forgot a few things which is disappointing at this level of restaurant. We asked for oil with the bread and it never got to the table. We looked for the waiter but were in a back room and did not see him to remind him for the oil so went without.
benefits
Cons
not good balance of work and life
Been forking for the company for many years. over 10 years. love the company and its culture. they take care of their employees. Training is in continues motion, none stop.
Pros
one of the best companies I ever worked for.
Cons
I got to meet a lot of travelers who were from a different part of the world. I got to work with some fun and outgoing people I learn a lot working there and made some friends along the way.
Pros
free meal free and parking for employees
Cons
breaks
Learned how to run a kitchen successfully. There were days you would start your shift at 5 AM and not get out of there until 8-9 PM. I enjoyed the fast pace events. The hardest part of the job was when customers weren't happy you aren't happy.
I enjoy working for Marriott they put employees first I've been working for them for what 28 years I worked at the New York Marriott Marquis for 9 years and I've been employed at the Westin for 18 years Marriott a great company
It's a good environment it's a hotel it's up and down but when it is good it is good.Ok we cook for the Philadelphia eagles. Nothing is better than that
Pros
Long hours free control of my scheldule good
Cons
Sometimes to much to prep not enough help but its all good