Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Banquet Manager

Tough environment from a staffing perspective. Continual expectation was make the highest quality product with minimal which is a fantastic learning challenge. Overall a good job that was a good starting place for learning about quality.
Overall Marriott is a good place to work. There isn't much of a work life balance if you are in management but I think that is the case for most hospitality jobs. There is plenty of room for advancement especially if you are willing to relocate. They match 401k and offer decent benefits. I feel like most management is underpaid based on the amount of hours you work but they do have a nice culture.
Pros
Free lunch, 401k matching, benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Amazing company to work for. Unfortunately it was affected by covid and working for hospitality won't be the same. The core values are amazing.You take care of the guest, they take care of you.
Benefits
Cons
Non consistent hours
I worked in various management positions ranging from operations to sales and thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Marriott. The support from my managers was invaluable. I was always asked about my career goals and encouraged on a daily basis. The workload was heavy most of the time, but that is to be expected on the operations side of the hospitality industry.
Pros
Vacation time, health benefits, employee hotel discounts, family environment
Cons
Long work days, as a manager expected to be on call.
Poor organization 0 opportunities to grow They hired people with 0 experience And that makes the job worse Because the pay is not good enough the have to hire the first person who applies And everything is about who is your friend
Benefits is good there but pay a lot of money to have the insurance. So people working by hourly cannot pay the insurance. Marriott is everywhere so convenient for everybody.
Marriott is a great company to work for , they have a great verity of brand to satisfied all guest needs , they are structure , customer service oriented and great opportunity for growth .
The good about this company is that I have been working here for so long that I get to choose my hours in the mornings and I’m able to easily work here.
I woked at Austin Marriott North. It was a very interesting experience. It was my first time ever not working in Banquets or Restaurants. I was a front desk supervisor. They really gave me an opportunity to really learn and test my ability to manage a team and still maintain exception guest service. It was a very humbling experience and it gave me new respect for what the front of house does. I moved from that position to an Assistant Banquet Manager position, which I was far more in my element. The hotel was very understanding that I was always wanting to move to the banquet team and when the opportunity arose, they really supported me.
This company cares about its associates. They value their hard work. If you get a chance to work for a Marriott take it and you will see what a company that cares about you should be like.
Great company to work for. Ready for a more challenging position. Great benefits. Always room to grow within the company. Great leadership program. Great work life balance.
It was ok but hire the wrong people to manage and they show favoritism. I had to report them to equal employment opportunity. I loved it in the beginning.
Just another big corporation thats only concerned about the numbers. Employees are nothing more then away to achieve the numbers. The only time they act concern about anything is when they think they are going to be sued. I have spent almost 40 years in the hotel business and regardless if its Hilton or Marriott or what ever ,the attitude and mentality is the same. I would never advise my children to ever work for such a heartless and stressful environment in the hotel business.
Pros
Free lunch, good benefits, 401k
Cons
Long hours, no set schedules, lots of stress, No balance with life and work.
All was good manger hr friendly place to work and good benefits and good hotels location focus in training but thy need to fix transportation to make sure staff having no challenge
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hour to work
Do not expect advancement or fair treatment if your are a minority. I have worked here for years, and have been in the same positions as when I started. I have watched numerous managers come and go like a revolving door.
this is the company who put people first truely. spend my five long beautiful year with this company where i have grown from lower management to top management level
No structure in management Little help in departments from upper management Crazy hours No time off for personal health and appointment, even with advance notice
Pros
Hotel Discount
Cons
Stressful and overworked
Fast paced daily, They offer the best training for hotel management. Some favoritism among a few. Employees come first atmosphere. The hours away from your family. The most enjoyable were fellow team members
Pros
free lunch, discount parking, clean environment
Cons
Lacks promotion opportunities for all
working in Banquet, it was long hours some time worked 16 hours, then come back after 7 hours rest and do it again. it was a challenge, but with upper management it was totally worth it.
Pros
free food, free dry clean.
Working under Marriott property is a company that value customer service and the growth of the individual career. The environment of equality is the best part working in Ritz Carlton Hotel
A typical day at work is he come in clock in get ready for your meeting or stand up you meet your crew for today usually have a couple of last before you get into the meeting joke around then you get to the meeting which is pretty much telling you how your day is going to go when needs to be accomplished by the end of the day and usually everybody's in High Spirits and you usually have a good time just enjoying the guys that you work with.
Pros
Free lunch usually nice coworkers can be a fun place to work Healthcare and weekly pay
Cons
Unorganized can be unprofessional managers are sometimes unmotivated