Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Bartender in Orlando, FL

I worked for this company for almost 10 years, I don't have anything bad to say about Marriott. This company give me many opportunities to get success in my career, my personal life and the managers were always able to help me up when I need it. Even that I am not part of this company anymore because the COVID19, I feel Marriott Company will be part of my life forever. I have to start a new chapter in my life but I will take the company in my heart.
Pros
People is the most important part for this company.
Cons
No negative coments.
I started in Banquets and I wanted to get my job on my experiences alone. I had to walk in my high heels with a tray of 10 full plates of rounds from one side of the banquet hall turn around and walk back, setting the tray on the tray Jack. They also gave us a menu and a blank piece of paper and we had to have it 10 minutes. The panel was very impressed I memorized the menu as I re called it back to them. Needless to say I was hired without using my husband's name.
Very fun place to work at, the bar and restaurant is right in front of the pool. people are very happy and relaxed since majority are coming straight from the pool. management for the most part is always around if not the front desk managers are very helpful.
Great place to work, pay was good and there was always help when needed. As well you get discounts on rates for rooms and food. They make you feel appreciated at the hotel.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
No set schedule
Fast paced, and upscale. Learn the ins and outs of service and guest interaction. Guest care and comfort is "the highest mission". Great culture here and management is top notch. We are able to perform to the highest standards due to our level of empowerment.
Pros
Meal, golf and room discounts are great!
Cons
fast paced at times and hard to keep up.. but people are generally there to help.
It's a great place to work Management's good learn a lot you grow fast awesome place to work. Coworkers are fund managers great guess are awesome it's a great time at the Marriott one of the best companies to work for
management in fnb department has problems.very under staff, missing a lot of work equipment , work environment needs a lot of improvement. pay is good when its busy period
Grande Vista is a beautiful timeshare property in Orlando, FL. Copa Loca is one of the two pool side bars, which is a beautiful environment to work in,everyone is on vacation and having a good time. Majority of the guests were owners and would stay on property for months at a time so you got to build relationships with them. Management was great, they had an open door policy and were very supportive. The most challenging part of the job was working outdoors in the Florida heat. The most enjoyable was creating unforgettable experiences with guests during entertainment nights like Karaoke for example. I feel very fortunate to have worked in a place like the Copa Loca.
Pros
Free lunches, Flexible schedules.
It was fun and hard at the same time. The compensation was very good for the amount of work required. The people were all pleasant and the environment was great
Pros
fun and $$
Cons
inconsistant work
A typical day at Marriott consists of conferences and fast paced work environments. I work at three outlets inside the Marriott, the Italian kitchen, the lobby lounge, and the sports bar. Depending on which outlet I work each day, every day is different. Although no matter the outlet I am dealing first hand with guests and constantly making personal connections. The Marriott family are some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. The most enjoyable part of my job is making someone's day and getting to meet people from all over the world. I love this company, and I love what I do.
great company to be a part of. very fun to work for and very family orientated.
enjoyed working with owners great atmosphere everyone was always happy which made work fun