Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Breakfast Attendant

My manager was completely fair and a hard working man! The hotel was very nice! Friendly staff. Food was great for breakfast. Easy job, fun and everyone had a positive attitude! I loved it
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Can’t think of one
Overall, I had fun at work and enjoyed what I did. We had no kitchen manager, so we were on our own most of the time. We had to show managers how to do some things.
I love working there but the pay was suck and no insurance was offered. I work as and breakfast attended making sure that the hot bar was set up and ready by 6am.
Marriot is a great place to work at, it gives you the opportunities to grow in the company and it has a safe environment. They care about the people that work there.
Awesome Place To Work very safe environment my management staff is great my staff house keepers PA cleaners Laundry attendants Maintenance front desk valet and the customers are Perfect in my world
I Didn't enjoy working there. No manager ever confronted the bullies even after many complaints. They were unwilling to accommodate my scheduling needs
Manager was even rude to guests. Didnt care about breakfast people. Played favorites, kept and peomoted bad lazy people. Only care about my area when we did bad on big inspection.
I really enjoyed working at Marriott the people were friendly and I enjoyed my workspace . Everyone pulled together including the managers . I appreciated the flexibility of my working schedule and the helpfulness with my job duties.
I consider myself to have been a great assets to the company. Recieved employment of the month my 1st quarter there. Guest wrote great reviews about me. One of the biggest tips I received from a guest was $100.
No consistency or trust among co-workers or management. No communication! I worked St. Louis west locations. Very disappointed with management at both locations. Always a revolving door with employees.
Working there was great and the people I worked with where happy and positive We had meeting on how to better our system and what things could be improved
Beautiful place to work, there was some team work not much. You get to meet to people all the time. It was a clean place to work. This is a good job for a people person.
I enjoy this job for many reasons , however the culture that is cultivated at this particular Marriott by some of the management is not in line with what I believe quality leadership to be
Hiring process was quick. Got trained by other employee. Job overall was easy but once high season began it was also stressful because manager didn’t hire more employees. For the same reason it was impossible to get days off for personal matters. Manager also didn’t make big enough orders so we ran out of food and other items every week. They didn’t pay well and attitude of management was terrible.
Great company to work for, especially full-time. Lots of great benefits and they're a family at whatever hotel you work for. Lot's of room to grow and all the workers will support you through it.
they're a nice company but its not necessarily the best.i work at an extremely small hotel where they don't really care, but that could just be my management. i would recommend for someone who wants a smaller pay for a stressful job
I enjoyed being Breakfast Attendant.. A typical day was busy and high paced. I was always careful to ensure there was sufficient food for the shift.
Work was good, most of the employees are good to work with Management worked with my school schedule so that was a big plus. The hard part was finding people that could stick with the job. I liked that you were able to cross train in other departments. I also enjoyed that i was able to take on more responsibilities like, ordering the food product, making the schedule and other paperwork.
Pros
job, flexible
Cons
short staffed
All around good company to work for. Works around your schedule. Listens to the employees opinion. When cleaning up i can listen to my music. Will offer you overtime if its available.
Pros
Discounts bonuses
Cons
I enjoy starting my work day early and having the opportunity to be one of the first bright faces that guests see in the morning. The work atmosphere itself is very upbeat and casual. The most difficult part of the job would be balancing both the front of the house and the back of the house duties when understaffed.
Pros
Discounted room rates for yourself, family and friends
Cons
No 401K
a typical day at work consists of putting out food in the morning for the customers. Restock and clean breakfast area. Do the dishes and clean the kitchen.