Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Cashier

Very fun and they let me do homework there.A typical day is busy and a lot of customersI learned how to communicate with people Nothing was hard about the job.
The Marriott I worked for was going through a difficult time with the Management company for that property. Since I have left employment there the management company has changed.
Pros
Loved the people I worked with on a day to day bases.
Cons
One Manager thought the rules did not apply to her. She no longer works for the company.
I worked at Marriot part time as a cashier in their eating facility! Loved the job and the people! I relocated for a few years, but I'm back in Texas!
Count all the money from all of the outlets, make up a deposit, give change out to all of the cashiers. How to print out reports each week. Good Great place Making sure that when I did audits they were right. Discounts
Pros
Discounts for other Marriott's
Cons
N/a
Sodexho/Marriott was a great place to work. A typical work day was great. I learned a lot of different skills there. There were many different cultures there. There was nothing hard or stressful about working there.
Pros
Free lunch and beverages
Cons
Short breaks
Working in the Banquet Department is often fast paced but the work is executed as a team unless you are working alone. There are days where you will work alone or with a team to get a lot done. Some managers will trust your abilities while others will micromanage your work. The hardest part of the job is working with some people who lack a strong work ethic. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly interaction you have with guests, and being the source of their satisfaction.
Pros
An hour paid break & meal provided
Cons
Inconsistent work hours in the Banquet Department
A typical work day was busy and fun for me. You learn a lot from different departments because you pretty much work together. There's definitely room to grow with the company.
The Renaissance Harborplace Hotel was the third property where I was employed for seven of the 15-year career of my Marriott Corporation experience. As the General Cashier, my day consisted of making the daily deposit for the hotel, keeping the cashier's tills fully stocked, and assisting my coworkers in the office whenever I could. The best part of this job was the autonomy of it all. If asked about a certain situation, I can find the solution. If a cashier had an issue with their deposit, I could pinpoint where to start in order to make the corrections. I really felt great that the management staff trusted me to perform my duties with very little supervision. The hardest part of the job was picking up the boxes of coins. Overall, this was a great place to work. I still use the skills learned in this position to what I do now. You can't ask for anything better than that!
Only reason I left this job is because the working unconditions aren’t reasonable. Other then that I really enjoyed my time at the job and wouldn’t mind working in the hospitality Industry.
Marriott can be a great place to work as long as you're in a position that you enjoy. While I was there, I was unable to advance my career even though I had a Degree.
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
At union properties, workers complain about trivial things.Also, if you're low in seniority, 40 hours not a guarantee.
Non-stressful job, I do not have any real complaints, I wish our lunch breaks were longer than 30min. I wish I did not have to work every weekend. Working every other weekend would have been great.
I loved working here, i was in both Gift Shop and restaurant. I got to meet some great people and learned a lot about hospitality. I would recommend working here.
Pros
Benefits, Meet Great People
Cons
Hourly Pay
Work was initially difficult in that time because of my start working here in UAE first time with this firm , So i respect the firm who give me a chance to stand for success full life ,, I can never forget this firm in my entire life
A typical day at work would be ringing up customers and enjoying their stories about where they live, where they are traveling to, the places they have visited and seen.
Pros
Eat free in the cafeteria.
Cons
Getting paid only once a month.
Great place to work if you would like to be in a hospitality environment. While providing guest with an awesome experience. I would suggest this position to anyone who loves customer service.
enjoy working outside. Meeting people and giving them a good experience on their vacation. Hardest part is dealing with unhappy and dissatisfied guest.
Pros
working outside
Cons
no benefits
like working the cashier to help people get their food to enjoy. A typical workday would be to process customer payments in the cafeteria. Would help clean and straighten up the work area by wiping down tables and sweeping.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
nothing I can say that was
Easy to work for everybody, learning a lot for trainings in different categories,building your confidence and enhance yourself to develop your skills. A stepping stone to achieve your career in a higher level.
Pros
Free food in work and accomodation
Cons
Small basic salary
the thing i liked about marriott sodexho as a cashier was that i met alot of the employees purchasing meals, i was able to stock the coolers to my discretion, order supplies and help in the kitchen as needed.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
pay raises were null.
Hy-Vee is the perfect place to work if you are in school. Everyone there, especially the management, are there to help. It is a fun place to work.
Fun work place,A great management team. The company embrace change and will help you grow higher in your position. This compant strives to be the best and deliver top quality service to our guest.
Pros
Free parking, and great lunh meals for $2, and also the location is perfect.
Cons
Dental insurance is not that great, lunch break should be atleast 45min