Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Chief Engineer

Great place to learn new things Package is attractive People oriented You must be competitive enough to work there You must be guest oriented You must work for long hours You opportunities for promotions
Pros
Good package, people oriented, work - life balance
Cons
Busy tiring always getting called and coming 7 days a week great atmosphere awesome customers poor judgement on hiring GM's and AGM's great food awesome discounts on guest rooms
Pros
Discounts on very nice hotels rooms
Cons
Low pay
I would love to discuss in person and have only good things to say about Marriott International, The company is great and when business is good so is work.
A large multi national company that has succesfully placed themselves at the top of the world hotel industry. Inexplicably they do not compensate their core employees with competitive compensation. Particularly the back of the house staff who are the backbone of the hotel industry. The management, often blatently exploits the hardest working ,lowest paid and most important team members. Essentally a good company that offers good benefits, but pathetically low pay to the very people who do the hardest work day in and day out. I had the pleasure of supervising and working with some great,dedicated hard working people who unfortunately, were never appreciated. As a result , Marriott has had,and will continue to have high employee turnover. Good people who ultimately had to leave Marriott to work for other hotels that paid more and treated their staff with greater dignity and respect.
Pros
Benefits and job security
Cons
Low pay and high turnover. Exploitive on site upper management.
Was not impressed with Management from other properties, To cut costs because of budget over costs no permanent Manager or Assistant Manager, Skeleton House Keeping Crews from Temporary Agencies. Property was in bad shape through the years because of neglected maintenance and lack of supplies do to budget constraints on maintenance. Another factor was maintenance was used as housekeeping from carpet cleaning to you name it instead of performing P.M.S. prevented maintenance,, maintenance, weeklies, quarterlies, semiannual and yearly's. .For Real Maintenance Supervisors and Skilled Technicians, Not a good fit
Have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Marriott international. Would recommend to all. Has very high ethical standards whichever are more than policy......exists as culture for sure
Worked there for 24 years and was unfairly fried and then denied unemployment. The reason was falsely documented when the process was changed when i was out on medical leave
Very respectful Corporation and help employees to grow up and get a lot of information and provide very good training to get you succeeded in your work
This is A great Company with the right General Manager in charge, it can be a great environment. My experience was didfferent and I really wish it could have been different. I experienced job unfairness and favoritism was at its max while working under a certain management.
I worked as an Chief Engineer for Marriott in Mobile and in Birmingham Alabama. The management was harsh and working conditions were very hard. I never thought I would say that companies like this is why Americans are losing the battle....
Great place to work, they promote from within and encourage you to apply to higher level jobs. Supportive in encouragement, have open door policy and good environment .
Marriott international is great place to work as the biggest Hotels company around the world, unfortunately I cant continue with this company as the hotel finished the management contract.
Over all every thing is good. Takes care of staff members, gives importance to the culture and integrity equally. This an excellent group to work, helps staff to grow further to develop their skills.
A typical day started by checking emails and then a morning staff meeting at 9am. I would then set my assistant up with his PM works for the day. I learned more about customer service and quality. The workplace was a calm and friendly environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to get my department in order because of how the previous chief engineer left it. I enjoy doing repairs and helping our guests.
Pros
day shift and customers.
Cons
Pay rate
great company to learn and grow you professional career, with so many opportunities world wide there is always a way to advance. Nice to be a part of one of the biggest companies in the world.
Marriott is a little behind on pay rates. but a good company. They do promote within and the Marriott Culture is Great. I Would recommend this company Have a great day.
An interesting company to work for on any given day. Being able to multitask is definitely a requirement to succeed in a fast moving and somewhat hectic environment.
A lot of team work with the staff, management not so much, staff pulled together to get things done right management pretty much hands off. Different departments worked very well together which made it work.
Pros
Ok Health care
Cons
No Help from Management on day to day things.
Daily check list in morning, pool and spa testing, guest issues over night to handle, set up work task check schedule for upcoming hotel needs. On line learning and training courses. Management was ok to work with. Short time frames to fix things before the next guess came in. Work with the staff in different departments and the guest.
Pros
Staff enjoyed them
Cons
Health care could be better.
Great company to work for and their culture is awesome! Their on the forefront in the hospitality industry! I love working for SPG / Marriott and most important was the Executive team.
Pros
Their on the cutting edge of the hospitality industry!
I enjoyed my 17 years with the company and have always felt it was the best place I ever worked. Company is great and supports promoting from within the orginization