Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Concierge

Working for the Marriott gave me a customer service training experience that I will always hold dear. The people working at the front desk were always happy and fun. I worked in the concierge and it was a very nice job. They paid well, the benefits were great, they feed you. The problem was time off, you always had to fight for it. Also they clearly were only looking out for themselves and saving the company and that was very clear. If you had a problem they listened like they cared but (unlike with the guests) nothing was ever done to fix the problems. Also your coworkers always shamed you for your breaks as most people were expected to work through breaks and lunches. When COVID hit they sent a majority of there employees on unpaid furlough so that’s the kind of company they are now. Mr. Marriott cared for his workers but Marriott int only cares about the bottom line.
Pros
Good health care, free lunch
Cons
No breaks, always standing, constant secret shoppers, cameras watching your every move
Great company to work for. I love my Marriott family Would go back in a heart beat as long as my position is paid good. Great management as well! Great benefits too
A fast paced environment where everyone is working to provide guests with the most welcoming stay. Everyone is goal focused and always professional when it comes to working for Marriott.
I would not work for the Marriott again. The pay was not good sometimes you were not treated well. If you worked a catering job management would keep the tips. I was very disappointed as I Iove to stay at Marriott hotels. I feel the employees could be treated better.
Marriott International, Inc.. is not only one of the largest civilian employers in the world, but a school for its employees more specifically me. Due to training, I become a better man, a real professional. As a result, I could impact positively my work environment by my leadership skills, and overcome easily the incomprehension which is the most difficult part of the job. Finally, the philosophy of the company is the most enjoyable part of the job. Marriott International Inc.. has more than 168.000 employees that are coming from different countries and cultures. Under the company's philosophy we form a great family. During my experience, I was treated like a family member instead of an employee.
Pros
Employees' birthday party
Cons
● Overall-cool perks-friendly coworkers-fun job-would work there again-try to handle things on your own be professional-no drama tolerated-lots of room for growth
Minimální výdělek, práce v umělém a neupřímném kolektivu. Amatérské vedení bez možnosti seriózního cestování v rámci společnosti.
Marriott is a great place if you wish to progress in your career. It is a fast-paced environment with a lot of policies and procedures to learn which will take you further if you know we are you heading to. I had colleagues being promoted twice within 9 months, enough for them to move to better places and positions. It is worth to consider working at Marriott International if you are young and ambitious and keen to move on quickly on the career ladder.
Pros
Free meals (lunch and dinner).
Cons
Low salary.
Offer an unforgettable guest experience, management always aware of employees needs, positive place to work, A lot of multitasking, enjoying personal connections with all guests
Pros
great benefits
Cons
I like working for Marriott it was a good company they treated us well I always felt like I matter and I recommend to anyone they are great plenty of chances to move up
Working at Marriott's W hotel was exciting and inspiring. From bottom to top management, everyone was very welcoming and always willing to help. I learned how to be creative and how to think outside of the box when dealing with guest requests.
Pros
Free lunch, a lot of opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
No employee parking
I applied for a role not knowing to much about it, It was nothing more than a utility role Running around the hotel for the events that we had. And Managers were rude.
Great team, good supervisors, that's my motivation as I settle into this new job. I am new and have no much to say at this moment. I will just see and wait it out.
Very friendly work place. job security and very nice location to work.very helpful management. a very good learning place where you can learn how much you can.
Marriott provides a relaxed workplace and great benefits including discounted hotel rates. While being relaxed it maintains structure as any larger corporation would.
A very fun and vibrant environment. Meeting people of diversified cultures and environment exposed me to learn and also to respect certain practices. Definitely worth working here
Working for Marriott is the best thing ever. Great benefits, great team, great atmosphere, everyone is very friendly, the restaurant is very clean , nice food is delicious.
Working for Gaylord Palms Hotel has been an amazing experience. They have wonderful cultures to look after and everyone is amazing! I would work there again if I could!
sehr gute Einstiegs Möglichkeiten, ein sehr tolles unternehmen würde es jeden weiter empfehlen
The worst managers ever and the worst work environment, compensation and the worst coworkers that you’ll ever have on this planet! I DON’T RECOMMEND Marriott International Inc!!!
The good is that my job location is a very big hotel and I get to work closely with different types of people. The bad would be the communication and consistency.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
paying for parking