Marriott International, Inc.
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative545 reviews
Enthusiastic and Self-motivated, Level 5 in Retail/ Customer Service. Excellent organisational,
communication and multi-tasking skills gained from my 7years work experience. Have also

acquired Knowledge in culinary, merchandising and sales representative. Proactive, highly

motivated, Ambitious person who achieves results through people and by setting achievable

strategic quality plans. Results-driven with willingness to learn and work both autonomously,

when pressured and as part of a team.
Got worse after the owner got greedy and bought starwood.

More calls and now outsourcing to the Philippines?

Way to go 👏

I don't recommend if you want to learn and advance
Pros
Nice colleagues
Working at Marriott International made me feel like I was in high school again. We are strictly monitored at all times and are not allowed to take restroom breaks without being chastised if they go over a certain amount of time. There were two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch depending on your shift and the last call you had before break. The customers were insufferable and though you may enforce the rules given to you, the managers would usually placate the customer in the end giving them what they asked for. The managers had favorites and would frequently bad mouth employees within earshot of others.
Pros
Downtime
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, lack of upward mobility
In my short time at Marriott, I can say so far this is one of the better companies I’ve worked at. They truly value employees, which makes me that much more motivated to do a good job at work.
if you are motivated you can upgrade to higher positions rather quickly, you are given the opportunity to prove yourself and get promoted. Inclusive culture, good benefits. As with most major employers could be some office politics and favoritism floating around
Pros
plenty of work, inclusive culture
Cons
Office politics as most large employers
I love this job. There is always room for advancing. The management keeps you on task. You get a good discount on the rooms. This company really takes care of people.
Pros
Your manager keeps you on track with your goals.
Cons
No complaints.
It's a great place to work l
Managers and CEO and co-workers are always nice... uplifting caring and concerned. They put in effort to make you feel like we're s family. I love the feedback it helps me achieve my goals. This is a nice great awesome place to work.
While working at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown I was presented instantly with great conversation & genuine passion for work! The experience has taught me a lot about myself and what I plan to take with me to future jobs and careers!
I really enjoyed working for Courtyard Marriott in Cape Girardeau Mo. It was a family atmosphere. There is alot of Team work. And always something to learn. I only left there do to I had a commitment to foster my great niece. And they were willing to work with me on what days and hrs I could work. May go back someday. Loved it.
Great company! Great benefits! Accommodating managers that really care about the staff. Flexible hours. Decent pay for a suburb property. Staff at the hotel stay working there for years because of loyalty and dedication.
This job has great benifits but the hours were crazy when i was there. I was in reservations before they started cross training. i got to help others with learning the ropes, it was a good place to work.
Marriott was a very interesting company to work for. The discount on hotels was nice and learning about the hotels and their amenities was fun. I didn't feel i was fully prepared to do the job after training. Taking real calls was extremely stressful and most of the calls were people complaining about the combining of hotel brands. multiple people had multiple rewards accounts and it was a rough time trying to assist them without much knowledge of how to do so. Also the call volume was EXTREMELY high. Company did not want to work with me when i had out of county court stuff to deal with and i ended up racking up a bunch of points.
Pros
Hotel discount
Cons
No flexibility, schedule bidding
The culture has changed a lot since Starwood was acquired. Both customers and employees are treated more like numbers than people. Coming into work no longer feels rewarding or energizing. The pay and benefits are great and the supervisors do their best, but the goals are almost unreachable in some departments I have been constantly stressed, exhausted, and fearful for my job security
Lots of extra time. Earn extra points which can be turned into Gift Cards. Hours were until 100 am but we always had good breaks. Had a choice for sit down pods or stand up pods. Great team work.
Pros
Good lunch hour and a place to eat
Cons
Sometimes management was not so nice
San Juan Marriott, a place where employees are very much replaceable and mistreated. Exploited and unrecognized for their good labor. Fired without reasonable cause or explanation. Lack of coaching, follow up, work dedication, work life balance and complete discrimination. They advertise a service they DO NOT PROVIDE within their guest and associates

supervisors are
If you like your sanity, just don't. "Training" was a joke, literally played "Chinese Telephone". Supervisors sleeping with subordinates, lack of work space. Total joke.
Overall a great company to work for. You survive if you stay to yourself for the most part. Show up and do your job. Of course with many companies it's very clicky so if one person doesn't like you regardless of the reasons or no reasons at all the rest will follow and if they are in a higher tier in the company you won't last long.
company does not REALLY care about customer service. Marriott management does not care about the employees. Management brags about Brand Standards however has no idea how to achieve them properly. Having to give last call and kick guests out of the bar as they have traveled & are getting a bite to eat is just not right. I could see if its 1:45am but at 10:45am because a new AGM or GM just made that a new policy. Sales always justified keeping the bar open & after 17 years of bartending I knew when & how to close a bar down. I have also never in my life been told to leave a pint glass up & not face down on bar mats having them ready to pour. Really? So dust & whatnot could get in them.....I guess if you want things floating in your tap beer!! This may sound petty but it would take pages to go into real detail about the way they wanted the bar set up for daily operations. They cared about aesthetic & not functionality that would give quick service to the guests. For one example my well which should be left to right Vodka,Gin,Rum,Tequila, Triple Sec, Whiskey, Scotch, lime juice , grenadine which is a general rule to which liquors are used most frequently. It may vary bar to bar but its very known there is an established order & usually a good reason for that order. Secret audits (but not secret) arranged by management so they could give false information on your score for a write up done to the employees that may have asked/challenged changes that made no sense to anyone.I have no problem with change however most companies encourage employee feedback & will discuss changes etc. - more...
I don't believe a job like this should change who a person is, it should actually enhance or expand on certain things. But this place does the opposite. Management doesn't encourage feedback, they actually threaten job loss for speaking up.
Pros
Amazing Guests
Cons
No Breaks
Marriott is a great place to work and does accommodate to their employees and the guests the best the can ..i was very happy working with this company
This company cuts your hours so that you are not eligible for the health insurance. They work you like crazy and do not appreciate you. Also, they blame front desk staff for not filling the hotel and want you to multitask, pulling you away from the desk. Work the housekeepers like slaves.